Ch. 31: We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes

It's a beautiful day, as I stand in the living room with Elena. Elena is pacing the floor, worried sick about her brother, whom is lying on the couch on his back. He's dead. She accidentally stabbed him in the neck. She told me that it was an accident and I believe her, because it's Elena. She wouldn't hurt her brother on purpose. She also told me that she saw Connor, the guy she killed, before she saw Jeremy. That tells me that she's starting to hallucinate. Hallucinations aren't good, because it can make vampires do and say crazy things that they normally wouldn't do.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" she says to me.

"Thanks for not ditching my family after I drove Ric crazy?" I say.

Elena glares at me.

"You should have called Stefan," I add to her.

"I don't want to talk to him. He has been lying to me and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what."

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kinda trumps that. And you should have called Stefan."

"I don't trust him right now, Damon."

Just then, Stefan walks in and we both look at him.

Speaking of, I think to myself.

"Hey," Stefan greets.

"P.S. I called Stefan," I inform her.

Stefan walks over to Elena.

"What happened? Why did you call me?" he asks.

"I just-I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands," she says, before walking out of the room.

A moment later, Jeremy wakes up.

"Welcome back. How are you feeling?" Stefan asks him.

"What happened?" Jeremy asks.

"Long story. Buy the e-book," I answer him.

I'm in the kitchen cleaning up the blood, when Stefan walks in.

"Where did Jeremy go?" I ask my brother.

"School. Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit," he answers me.

"Or maybe he didn't want to linger in a house where his sister just jabbed a knife in his neck," I say.

Stefan's phone rings and he tells me, "It's Klaus."

"Ooh, time to face the music. Pay the piper, dance with the devil," I comment.

"You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill both of us."

"Quit avoiding him, that means shady. Shady people get outed."

Stefan takes my advice and answers it.

"I don't want to talk about it," he says.

I ignore Klaus' part of the phone conversation, but listen to what Stefan says.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened, if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy," he tells Klaus.

He looks at me and I nod.

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" Stefan says.

"What do you know about that?" he asks Klaus.