Ch. 2: The Night of The Comet

It's a dark night, as I fly into the Salvatore boarding house where Stefan and I grew up in, as a big, black crow. And then, as I land inside, I turn back into my human-looking self.
"Hello, brother," I greet, as I look at Stefan, my only brother.
"What are you doing here, Damon?" Stefan asks me.
"I could ask you the same thing," I answer. "I think it could all be summed up into one little word. Elena."
"Stay away from Elena," he warns me.
"Come on. Don't you want to know what her blood tastes like? Just one drink."
"Stop it," he says.
"I wonder what her blood tastes like!" I announce, continuing on as if I didn't hear him.
"I said, stop it!" he yells and grabs me.
We fall out of the window onto the ground below and stand up, facing one another.
"Not bad. Have you been eating bunnies?" I say.
We fight some and I win because he has had enough.
"Where's your ring at?" I ask. "The sun's coming up in a few hours and if you're not wearing it, you'll be crispy fried."
He looks worried, so I say, "Relax. I have it right here," handing it over to him.

The next day, Elena comes into our house looking for Stefan. I greet her when I see her saying, "I'm Damon. Stefan's brother."
"He didn't mention he had a brother," she replies.
I tell her that Stefan has an ex-girlfriend, though I don't say her name.
"Ex?"
"Oh, you two haven't had the awkward ex conversation. Well, I guess it'll come up now."
Stefan arrives.

I explain to her, "I could get the family photo albums out, but I'll warn you, he wasn't always a looker."
"Damon," Stefan tells me in warning.
I kiss her hand.
"Pleasure meeting you, Elena."
I walk off.

Later, when Stefan locks me in the cell after vervaining me, I am able to get out of the cell and I kill our Uncle Zach.