Ch. 10: Let The Right One In

It's a rainy day, as I stand on the porch of a house. Pearl, Anna, and her tomb-trapped vampires live there with the human that owns the house.
"Oh, you're dead," I say, when the tomb-trapped vampires vervain my brother for revenge. But obviously, it's only a threat for now. I can't get in. I have to be invited in first.
One of the tomb-trapped vampires compels her not to invite me in. So, I leave the porch to tell Elena.

When she sees me, she gets out of the car and she asks me what's wrong.
"I can't get in. The woman that owns the house is compelled not to invite me in," I explain to her over the rain, as we stand under her umbrella.
"I can," she says.
"No. You can't go inside. It'll be a bloodbath, Elena. We'll get him back. I promise."
So, we enlist Alaric Saltzman's help.

Alaric knocks on the door and one of the male vampires from the tomb answers, while I stand at the back door that leads into the kitchen.
"Can I help you?" the vampire asks him.
"My car broke down a mile up the road. This is the first house I saw. Can I use your phone?"
"Sure."
Alaric walks in and the vampire takes him to the kitchen.
"There's the phone," the human woman informs him.
Alaric kills the vampire and then turns the blender and water on.
"What have you done?" the woman asks him.
Alaric opens the back door and tells the woman that owns the house, "Invite him in."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't."
"Get her out here," I tell him.
He does and I kill her. Then I walk inside, and we soon go in in search of the vampires and Stefan. Nobody hurts or messes with my little brother except for me.

Soon, the other vampires are dead in the living room and Elena is helping Stefan home.
We're in the living room ready to leave, when Pearl and Anna walk in.
"What's this?" Pearl, Anna's mother, asks us, seeing the dead vampires.
Pearl looks at me, as I answer her.
"Your nest of tomb-trapped vampires just spent the day torturing my brother."
"I'm so sorry. I promise It'll never happen again," Pearl replies.
"You have a nest full of vengeful vampires. What did you think was going to happen?" I say, before Alaric and I leave the house to go home.