Ch. 19: The Descent

It's a beautiful day in Mystic Falls. Rose and I are talking, when a werewolf jumps through the glass living room window into my living room. The silver werewolf, Jules I suspect, growls and then leaps towards me.

"Damon!" Rose yells, as she puts herself between me and the werewolf.

It attacks her, biting her, and she screams in pain. Then it jumps through the window again, leaving us alone.

I help her up and to the couch and she sits. I then give her a shot glass of liquor.

"Thanks," she says.

"How bad is it?" I ask, seated beside her on the couch.

She looks at her arm and I do, too. It's only partly healing.

Later, we find out that a werewolf bite can be deadly to a vampire if a vampire is bitten. We try desperately to find the cure, but in the end, it's useless. She starts hallucinating, which puts Elena in terrible danger. So, I stay with her and give her a peaceful dream. I know I have to do this, whether it pains me or not. And it does pain me to do this to her. But she's in so much pain. She's suffering so much, and I can't stand to see her suffer. I have to put her out of her misery, so, in the dream, I count to three, before in reality, I stake her, killing her. I stay there with her for a while, before I go to get rid of her body. It saddens me that I had to do that, because we had a little something between us. She got bitten, saving my life from Jules.

Later, I hear that John has returned to town. Why he's in town, I don't know. I can't even get an idea as to why, but he is in town. In the meantime, I also hear that Tyler has revealed his feelings for Caroline to her. Tyler is a werewolf in love with a vampire. I have to warn Caroline for her own safety. I lost Rose to a werewolf. I won't have Elena go through the same thing if Caroline gets bitten by a werewolf too, and has to die because of it. Elena is my life now. I'll do anything for Elena.