Ch. 28: Memorial

It's a beautiful day at the funeral, as we sit in a church in pews. The funeral is for a council member, Mr. Young, whom has a daughter by the name of April Young. April is back in town now. I guess she used to live here, but left town a long time ago when Elena was younger, and when Elena's parents were still alive.
When Tyler Lockwood whom is a werewolf-vampire hybrid speaks for Mr. Young, Tyler gets shot and everyone witnesses it. It causes alarm for everyone else, but those of us that know what he really is know that he'll be okay. Tyler is a hybrid because of Klaus, but he broke the sire bond between him and Klaus for Caroline's sake a while back.
After Tyler gets shot, we all go to investigate, and I get beat up by the guy that shot Tyler and hurt April. I found out about April getting hurt by the others later on. Since Elena is new, Caroline had to stop Elena from almost feeding on April, because of the overwhelming scent of blood. Blood can be too much for a new vampire to resist.
Later, Elena and I deal with Elena's problem with blood. She can't hold any blood down, but she doesn't want to worry Stefan by telling him. So, I go and give her some blood in a blood baggie, and later I let her feed from my hand to help her out some. Elena is a new vampire with humanity on, which is complicated. Because she still has her humanity in check, she doesn't want to feed from humans, because she doesn't want to hurt anyone.