Natsu and Lucy

"You guys are too energetic." Lucy sat at the usual table in the guildhall. She and Natsu had just gotten back from a job and he was already trying to fight Gray.

"Come on ice princess! Bring it on!"

"You're asking for it flame brain!"

"Are they at it again?" Levy asked as she sat down besides Lucy. She just nodded and continued to watch. "You might want to wipe that drool off your lip before anyone else sees it." Lucy blushed and buried her face in her arms.

Levy was always teasing her about Natsu, and it only got worse when Lucy told her she loved him.

"Are you ever going to tell him? What's the worst that can happen?"

"He can turn me down and than the whole guild would know and I'd be so embarrassed I'd want to die." Levy laughed and put her arm over her best friend.

"You're thinking too much into it. Just do it, who knows, maybe he likes you too." She winked and got up heading off with Shadow Gead for another job.

"If only." Lucy sat there and watched as Natsu and Gray destroyed the guildhall in the midst of their brawl. In that instance Lucy shot up and got an idea. She asked Reedus for a paper and pen and left a note for Natsu on the table. She than ran out of the guild and towards her house. I'm going to tell him, tonight!

--------

Natsu's P.O.V.

"You're lucky Erza stopped me. You'd be beggin me for mercy if she hadn't." Natsu taunted as he went back to the table where Lucy was sitting. "Huh? Where's Lucy?" He looked around the guild but couldn't find his blonde friend anywhere.

"Here, I think she left this for you." Happy handed him a letter with his name written in cursive on the front.

"Why didn't you give it to me sooner?"

"I wanted to read it thinking it'd be a confession of her undying love for you, but it wasn't." The small exceed sat down on the table and pouted, obviously wanting something to tease Lucy about. Natsu chuckled at his small friend and opened the letter.

Dear Natsu,

Please meet me at that really fancy restaurant near my apartment at 6. And please come alone, yes that means without Happy. There's something I need to tell you .

Sincerely yours,

Lucy

Natsu smiled and put the letter in his pocket looking at the clock. It was 2 so he had plenty of time to get ready.

"What are you going to do?" He looked at Happy and gave him a questioning look. "Are you going to tell her you liiiiiike her?" He gave Natsu a taunting smile and laughed when he blushed.

Maybe I should tell her. Yeah, tonight's the night!

-----

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Why did I do this? I can't do it." Lucy sighed as she fell back of her bed. "I know, I just won't go! Than I won't have to tell him. No... that'd be bad." Frustrated, she summoned Cancer to help her get ready, hoping it would motivate her.

After what felt like hours, he was done. He curled her hair and pulled the back up, leaving some out in front of her face. He dusted light eye shadow her eyes and applied mascara and eye liner. Lucy turned to Cancer and hugged him. "Thank you so much Cancer, now I don't feel as nervous."

"Anything for you, ebi." She thanked him and he went back to the spirit world. Lucy went to her closet and pulled out a blue dress that tied up behind her neck and went to about mid thigh. It showed off just enough cleavage to be sexy yet subtle, just like she liked it. For the finishing touch she slipped on black heels and looked in the mirror. She smiled to herself, proud of how she looked and headed out the door to the restaurant.

When Lucy arrived she saw familiar pink hair standing just a few feet in front of her. She walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder. When Natsu turned around she was shocked, he was wearing a white button-up shirt with a black vest over, black slacks, and to top it off, his signature scarf.

"Wow Natsu, you look good." Lucy blushed when she realized what she said and looked away. Natsu laughed and showed off his famous smile.

"Thanks Luce, you look great too." The compliment only deepened her blush, so she grabbed his hand to drag him to the restaurant, hoping to get away from this situation. It's going to be a long night.

------

"This place was really good Luce, have you been here before?" Natsu was looking around, captivated by the wall and ceiling paintings and of course the delicious meals.

"No, but I have always wanted to try it." Lucy watched as the man of her dreams stuffed his face with his third plate of food.

"Oh yeah, wasn't there something you wanted to tell me?" Natsu looked up at her, hopeful and curious eyes gazing into hers. Lucy panicked and turned away, trying to slow down the beating of her heart.

"Y-yeah, just not here. Maybe we could go for a walk afterwards." Natsu nodded and finished off his plate. They split the bill since neither of them had exact cash, and then left for their walk. They walked around Magnolia, not really knowing where they were going, just enjoying one another's company. Lucy made sure to avoid the guildhall, she didn't want word of their date to get around before it ended. When they reached a small park they both stopped and sat againt a tree.

Lucy felt her fingers tingles and heart race, it's now or never. She turned to look at him and closed her eyes before speaking. "Natsu-"

"I love you Lucy." She opened her eyes and they met the side of his head. Natsu was facing forward, looking out over the grassy area ahead. She noticed a small blush creep across his cheeks the longer she sat there staring.

"You.. What?" She asked again, just wanting to confirm what she heard was correct, before she made a complete fool of herself.

"I love you." He said it again and shrugged his shoulders acting as though it wasn't a big deal.

"That's not fair!" His gaze quickly snapped to Lucy wondering what she meant and worry maybe he wasn't supposed to say that. "I have been nervous and practically dying about tonight because I wanted to tell you that I loved you. I get all ready and paranoid and just as I'm about to say it, you blurt it out first. It's unfair."

Natsu sat there for a second, not really sure what to make of that. "You love me too?" Lucy blushed and looked down at her hands in her laps before nodded her 'yes'. Natsu stood up and outstretched his hand for her to grab. She obliged and wrapped her arm through his as they walked to her apartment.

When they reached the building Lucy unlocked the door and turned to Natsu, still feeling shy about that whole scene. "Goodnight Natsu, Thanks for tonight." Just as she was about to head inside, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his chest. Lucy looked up at Natsu with a deep blush across both of their faces. Natsu than leaned down and connected his lips with hers. Lucy practically melted into the gentle kiss, taking into account how soft his lips were. She closed her eyes and let the kiss deepen. After only a short time, he pulled apart and smiled at her.

"Good night Lucy, I love you." Natsu gave her a quick peck before heading back home.

"I love you too." Lucy went inside and put her back against the door and placed her fingers over her lips, still able to feel the salamander's kiss. She smiled and ran to her bed, knowing sleep would be impossible tonight.

Hey guys! I hope you liked my first one shot! I'm sorry if it's not great but I kind of had a harder time writing this because I didn't really have an outline type thing... but I still hope you enjoyed the little Nalu moment. And remember, I do take requests and they are open. Thanks for reading and here, have a cookie! (>^-^)>(::)