Chapter 3: A Tour to The Mall

June 19, 2014. Thursday.

With a bombastic tone, George said, "Greetings, visitors from a distant time. I, George Bottlemore, welcome you to the past."

"Giarge," said the creature with the sunglasses.

"Gorrrg!" shouted the giant.

"George," added the creature holding the bag, his eyes coming to tears, from what looked as joy and excitement.

As George accepted the bag, he noticed that the creature had only four bony fingers. While putting it on a table behind him, he peeked at its contents: whitish, shiny coins rattled inside. He found it difficult to suppress a grin.

With its hands empty, keeping tearful eyes stuck on George, the creature walked backwards and unintentionally bumped into the monster. It responded by lifting the poor thing up and slamming it to the ground, putting it back to the initial landing spot face to the ground.

The strangeness of the visitors did not bother George least one bit. He had learned about even weirder specimen walking the streets of today's world on the net. He said, "Dear visitors, we are currently located in the cellar of my humble house. Tell me. Are you ready take a look at the world as it was many years ago? Are you ready to visit ancient Milltown and see the ways of ancient people?"

The fatty answered by spitting a lackluster blurb of saliva. The blurb landed on the shiny crumpled material covering its belly. It slowly slid and fell down.

The creature with the toy gun and sunglasses explained, "Oh, the ancient one, the Queen of the land of Kakamaqua acceptz yer hozpitality." He pointed at the giant, who apparently was a well fed lady. "I, Zoop, her minizter of science, speak on her behalf." He gently laid his hand on the shoulder of the Queen and went on, "I accept yer hozpitality az well. We ask yo to show uz the anzient world and explain itz myzteriez. Please instruct uz on how itz done. Her worthlezz idiot huzband, our shameful King, can zpeek for 'im zelf." He gave the evil eye to the punching bag who now was straightening his battered armor.

"Dear Minister, before we start, I will ask you and your friends to remove the shiny clothes and leave them here. I want you to blend into the crowd so you'd have better experience. It's summer outside and you will have difficult time avoiding attention if you decide to leave wearing your current outfits."

"Zummer. Waz iz it?" The scientist asked.

"The season of warmth. It's warm outside."

"Ok."

Zoop whispered a couple of words to his companions, and together they removed their helmets to reveal grayish bold heads. They had many common features such as thin brows, thin lips, and wide lidless eyes.

Scientist's forehead was wrinkled, his nose a little crooked. The moment he had removed his glasses to take off the helm, George saw that the skin around his eyes and above the nose was pale. The queen was far from pretty. The little round nose and lips were barely visible in between the massive cheeks. Her makeup with the dominating colors white and dark blue was something in between the makeup of a clown and a polar camouflage. The face of her husband was soft, covered in barely visible bruises, which fit well with the black right eye.

The fatty and her representative turned at the king and spoke angrily in a tongue of what looked like a series of random letters and shouts. The poor creature nodded in acceptance and walked behind the queen to help her get out of the vest.

They put their seemingly light armors and helms by a large cabinet and returned to the center of the room wearing shabby colorful trunks and oversized whitish T-shirts covered in dirt stains.