Chapter 33: Out of Bubblegum

July 3, 2014. Thursday

"Who is this man?" asked July trimming a large bush, standing on a ladder.

"This impostor wanted to turn himself in," said Whiskey and pushed the captive closer towards July.

"An impostor? Why would we have one here?" July stepped down the ladder and approached the spooky man. Looking into the wide eyes he said, "Why did you come to this place?"

"To show you that one does not mess around in Crossroad and goes away unpunished."

"You're George Bottlemore's pawn, aren't you?"

"I'd choose the word 'assistance'. We have common interests."

"Interests?"

"We both want the world to exist. We want you to go home and never return."

"Such a noble cause. Sadly your wish to do harm to Alfonso, makes me upset. I cannot allow you to intervene."

"What do you mean?" Whiskey asked after coming closer, "What does he mean the world to exist?"

"Oh, Whiskey, the problems of the world are not for such pawns as us to understand," July said after stepping closer to Whiskey. He put a slender hand on the lower part of the guard's neck and after a twitch of the wrist, Whiskey fell down and closed his eyes as the knees hit the ground.

"Now,—"July asked Chester, "—tell me, why did you come to me?"

"To tell you that we have half of your men in custody and give you a chance to give up. To give you a way out of the terrible situation you find yourself in."

"Oh, we will find a way out of the situation. Just don't you worry. Now,—"He took a deep sigh "—anything else you'd like to share?"

"Why don't we go visit the park outside. It's fun."

"Thank you," said July and performed the 'put to sleep' move on Chester. He then spoke to the radio hanging on the front pocket of his colorful shirt, "Those patrolling the garden, grab your guns and go to the park outside. They got our men locked up in there. Free them. The ones in the proximity of the house stay in your positions and do your job." After putting the radio down, he climbed back on the ladder to continue craft his new piece of art. Humming an ear hurting tune, he chipped down the branches with utmost care. The two men sleeping on the grass below did not bother him one bit.

The guards who went to the park found there no personnel and no visitors. All the ice cream trucks were gone. After a thorough search was carried out, they found their colleagues banded inside the attraction called 'Fire Space Shark on Drugs'. For the record, it had no fire, no space, no shark, and no drugs, only darkness. When the squad of guards went back to the mansion, a surprise awaited them. The gates of the mansion were closed and no matter how long they shouted, how long they held the call button, it did not open.

What the men outside did not notice was that one ice-cream truck drove in through the gate right before it closed.

After the tires of the truck stopped screeching by the gate guard's booth. Max's voice came from inside it, "Get out!"

Everyone listened and reacted accordingly. Zoop teleported out. He wore the trademark black glasses and Kakamaquan shiny armor with a small upgrade: he had his arms and legs enwound in foil. The scientist held a dissaperator in his hand, three thermoses were attached to his back. Every thermos had a straw sticking out connected into a single long tube that went over his shoulder and dangled right by his mouth.

Sally jumped and rolled gracefully, she wore a backpack and held two soda bottles filled with layered fluids. Leopold walked away from the truck, clutching a baseball bat. George tried to step out, but the combined weight of the batteries on his back proved to be too much. He fell down and the pain inducing stick fell out of his hand. It took him a moment to pick up the weapon and crawl a few meters before Max gave him a helping hand.