Epilogue: Strawberries

After their employer vanished, all the guards lost their jobs. Many of them decided to stay in Crossroad. There they needed to find another line of work because no guards were needed in the safest city of the country. Many of them became salesmen. Others stayed in the mansion and grew crops in the nearby fields. Those who still loved thrills and could not imagine their lives without danger joined the Extreme Pizza Joint and worked for the tough lady ninja, who had been freed together with Chester from the mansion cellar.

Chester and Leopold continued their scam and became filthy rich. The Cool Church and the Followers of the Vilest Demon spread through the local region and made lives of many people more exciting.

The Kakamaquans and Gango with their helmets removed were teleported back home. Kakamaquans returned to Milltown with no memory of what had happened.

July somehow found a way to George's house and surprised everyone with his out of place "Wazap, friends." entrance. Sally had to explain of the devil's deal she had made and introduced the new friend. No one but July was happy about it. George had to make a calendar, pointing out who would have to go out with the guy on which days, employing himself, his mother and John with Sandy to do the job. July began working as a public trimmer and spent his free time making unrecognized art all around Milltown in most insignificant places.

John and Sandy started dating. Sandy finished her studies and worked on her book, teaching philosophy at a local school to get some income. John became a housemaid, who now no longer played games on the computer but wrote a blog, a random mash of thoughts. To everyone's shock and surprise, a number of blog subscribers grew rapidly and made him a famous internet figure. When George wanted a day off from work, John would pick the mantle of the guide. He would not only show them Milltown but give many insights about the current world from an angle that left many tourists gasping.

Max returned back to the future to wage war against the Moonrise Enterprises and figure out who was behind all of this. He promised George to send a message and tell him of the things he would find out.

Before leaving, Sally asked if George would want to go hang out with her before she left, perhaps get some cookies and tea or visit some places together. She fancied him quite a lot. Listening for the tip of the old geezer he met on the first days, he refused to and sent Sally off to her time, where she was rewarded for her performance with a silver cross.

Zoop had a passionate angry conversation with the king. It involved a lot of spitting and face slapping. Zoop later explained that it was him who taught the king how the time machine works and that the scumbag had operated the machine to get here without consulting him. He knew how to cover tracks and could have saved everyone a lot of troubles. But the king was just too stubborn, too stupid to ask for help. Zoop and George had supper together, then made three take out coffee thermoses and the scientist left with a smile on his face, thermoses, and a huge coffee jug in a bag. He promised to return one day. Back home, he continued reinventing different items.

Alfonso tried to take control of Wollmint and gain entrance to the time machine by lying and deceiving, but soon felt harsh consequences. The queen's looks were deceiving, she loved to act stupid and allow herself to do things that were totally out of place, but she was not stupid. Being quite a suspicious person, she did not like the schemes of Alfonso one bit. She condemned the villain to spend the rest of his life living as a hermit in a hut in the far most corner of Wollmint. A few times a year, Zoop visited him and asked advice on the inventions and kept him company. Years passed and nature, the calm way of life helped Alfonso's depression to evaporate.

The king stayed behind and lived a servant's life at George's home. Most of the time he would make laundry, do dishes, clean the house or entertain the incoming tourists. Never did he ask for payment and never had he received one. His silence, sensitivity and tendency to cry for no apparent reason often annoyed George, but soon he learned to ignore it. The king was given an almost sound proof pantry to live in, where he would laugh and cry alone on his time off.