Chapter 1: The Effort Demanding Beginning

June 16, 2014. Monday.

It was just another beautiful summer's morning in Milltown city. Smiles on people's faces shone together with the rising sun, brightening the streets lurking in long morning shadows of tall shopping centers and small households.

In joyful moods, adults and children marched towards the Milltown water park carrying inflatable water toys, the only place in fifty-kilometer radius to have a massive water reservoir. There was still time before the heat became unbearable, so every few locals allowed themselves to wander into Miller's mall for a short while with no intent of buying anything.

Walking in long circles on the second floor of the mall was George, a young man of great dreams and vivid imagination, a believer in magic and the fact that there was more to this world than the eyes could see. Wearing a black uniform that had a word 'SECURITY' on its back, he moved at a slow pace glancing over a balcony at the exit, sighing from time to time. Stroking muddy hair that was overly long and would start falling on his shoulders in a couple of weeks, he had his round black eyes set elsewhere than the man of his position should have set. There was this thought in his head that gave him no rest after it had gotten in. A beautiful idea that would lead him to adventures and make him rich, but to put it into action he needed money and that was the reason he took the job.

George lived with his mother. She disapproved his lack of enthusiasm to make a career in the world full of possibilities and condemned his passion for computer games. She often told him, "George, you lazy bum, shame on you and your love for the computer. Get a job or read a book. Do something with your life. "

Oh, I will do something with my life. Just you wait, mom, I'll show you, George thought and turned round for the n-th time to walk by the clothes shops.

On his first day at work, he was foolishly keeping an eye on the shoppers, looking for signs of suspiciousness in their actions, considering them all capable of doing evil. But during the long working hours he had much time to think, and now, on the third day he knew better. This job was just a small step in his path, not worth his devotion and concentration. There were greater deeds for a thinker such as him to do. To daydream or imagine where he would spend the vast amount of money in the future, for example. So he walked onward, paying no attention to his surroundings whatsoever.

Female screams and shouts echoed in the distance, yet they were not enough to bring George back from the dream world. Nor a rough push from behind by a running man had that power. He came to the end of the hall and was about to make another turn when an angry voice on the radio snapped him back to reality.

"The guy in the area number six, you lazybutt, get over here!" it shouted, and after getting no response it shouted again, "You, the new guy, with the Pinnochio's face and a stupid smile, get over here, now!"

George shook his head. Such a beautiful day, now ruined. Some people just can't keep it cool, he thought and continued walking.

And the man on the radio continued yelling, "Don't make me come to you, you little prick! The number is on your radio, goddamn!"

George checked the radio hanging on his chest, and to his surprise, saw a number, number six. After figuring who the man was talking to and taking a deep breath, he obeyed the order.

"What is it, Sir?" George asked, closing the door behind him, a smile on his face from ear to ear. He knew what his chief needed on this beautiful day and that was positivity. If George was positive, for sure the wrinkles and red color on chief's face would go away.

"You didn't even notice it, did you?" the man shouted.

"Noticed what?"

"Look!" The Chief of Security turned on his chair, pointed a short fat finger at one of the many monitors hanging above his table and started mashing the keyboard. On another end, the monitor had its eye fixed on the hall, where George had been circling the whole morning.