31

Once all the nations entered the viewing room, the door slammed shut and disappeared. The scene that was laid out in front of them was with Alfred sitting on his bed, Toris was not around. Alfred was sobbing, a knife in his hand.

"Do it," Atticus urged his host.

Alfred just nodded and rolled up his sleeve, showing a number of scars. He was in the process of cutting when he heard keys clinking on the door. He quickly hid the knife and pulled down his white sleeve, wiping his face.

Toris entered the small apartment with a couple bags of groceries. He looked up at Alfred and suddenly all the bags were on the floor. He rushed over to Alfred and grabbed his arm, making said nation hiss in pain. He had noticed the growing red stain on his sleeve.

Alfred's eyes were wide and snatched his arm away before Toris could look closer.

"Why are you bleeding?" Toris was concerned, obviously.

"I-I-I'm not," Alfred lied, clearly it was not working as now the stain started dripping a bit and Alfred was starting to look a little pale.

Alfred mentally cursed at himself for probably nicking a vein.

The nations watching were filled with concern. Their 'hero' was losing blood at an alarming rate. Atticus appeared in the back of the nations and just smirked darkly.

"So sad," he said, gaining everyone's attention, "he's not dead."

Before anyone could launch themselves at Atticus, the scene continued. Toris slowly approached Alfred.

"Let me have a look," Toris demanded lightly. "I just want to help."

"you can't help" Alfred's thoughts were projected out at the nations.

But, instead of saying anything, Alfred got a bit closer to Toris, holding out his arm a bit. Toris smiled softly at the young nation and carefully rolled up the sleeve, revealing a multitude of scars. He glanced at them all with concern before quickly focusing on the one that was bleeding.

"Do you anything I can wrap this with?" he asked the silent nation.

Alfred just pointed under his bed, were a box was. Toris quickly got the box and opened it up, revealing a ton of gauze. The scene ended with Toris wrapping Alfred's arm.

Before the next scene could start Atticus, who was still visible in the back, came up to Amelia and poked her, "you should show them all the scars."

Amelia shook her head, silent. Atticus smirked and disappeared, like he had a plan.

The nations grew unwary as the scene started. Amelia was outside the hairdressers with Toris in tow. Her glamours were obviously up because she wore a dress with spaghetti straps.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked her.

Amelia played with her long hair for a moment before answering, "yes, I really do. I haven't cut my hair since... ever. I've never cut my hair."

No wonder it was at its length, somehow it was still thick and gorgeous all the way to the bottom. The two headed into the hairdressers and Amelia was immediately gushed over by how long her hair was. Luckily, there was a seat available for Amelia to get her hair done. As requested, they cut it short. Amelia now had one of those famous pixie cuts that women were flocking to get.

"Do I look good?" she was doubting her new look.

"You look perfect," Toris said lightly.

To be honest, he wasn't wrong. She looked gorgeous. Amelia smiled and the seen ended, leaving room for a new one.

This one, Toris was driving the two of them somewhere. They both looked nice; he wore a three-piece suit and she wore an elegant blue gown. Amelia was looking out the window, watching as the city disappeared into the distance.

"So," Amelia turned to look at Toris, "where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise," he smirked.

"A surprise that has me all dressed up? In the middle of the day?"

Toris just stayed silent and Amelia groaned lightly. She did not like surprises. It took about another five hours before they reached their destination. It was dark by then and Amelia had dozed off. She was leaning against the window, snoring softly. Toris didn't want to wake her up, but knew he had to. So, he shook her awake gently. Amelia jumped awake and looked at Toris, then around her.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"A place that was recommended to me a while ago," Toris told her.

"Oh," she felt her nation connection and noticed they were almost at the Canadian border.

Toris had gotten out whilst she was figuring out where they were and opened her door, holding out a hand for her.

"My," she breathed out, "what a gentleman."

Her eyes were wide as he led her into the building they had stopped outside of. It was a small fancy restaurant. A few couples were having dinner; some old, some new. It was light atmosphere, candles on tables. It was quite the sight.

A man sat the two at a table near the back, where Toris requested. They quickly ordered and started chatting. Amelia realized something and glared at Toris.

"How did you remember I mentioned this place?" she remembered going here years back, alone at the time.

"I remember everything you say," Toris was suave in the way he spoke, he was comfortable with Amelia.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I'll tell you later."

Amelia groaned before the conversation continued. They chatted and laughed before the meal arrived. The both got the steak. Once they were done, Toris looked Amelia straight in the eyes.

"I like you," he told her softly.

"I like you too," Amelia replied, confused.

"I like you."

Amelia's eyes widened in realization, redness was spreading across her cheeks. She looked down at her lap.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "I'm a train wreck. You don't want me."

"I'm sure," he told her, grabbing her hand from across the table. "You're perfect."

"Okay, um... do you want to try this?"

Toris nodded and so the scene ended. The nations looked at the couple, who had gotten close since the scene started, and they smiled softly. Matthew came up to Toris, glaring slightly.

"You ever hurt her," he said menacingly, "I will not hesitate to break you."

Toris nodded, frightened, pushing Amelia in front of him. She laughed a bit and told Matthew to stand down.

"I can protect myself," she told him.

Before more could be said, a scene started. Alfred was approaching a young Amelia Earhart, who was sat in a small diner. He slid into the booth across from her. She was obviously confused.

"I heard you flew across the Atlantic," Alfred started. "I want you to teach me how to fly."

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm your nation."

She obviously asked for some proof, so he pulled out a small pocketknife and asked her to cut his hand. Almost instantaneously, the cut disappeared. She was shocked and stared at the hand. She looked up at Alfred with wide eyes.

"Wh- what do you need again?" she asked, taking a deep breath.

"I want you to teach me how to fly."

The scene ended, causing a new one to start. Alfred was flying, solo. He had the biggest smile any nation had ever seen. He could reach the clouds finally.