15

Matthew set Amelia down on the bed and went to get a glass of water, but his sister refused to let go of him. He just sighed and sat down next to her. She leaned into his chest and just stared at the wall in front of them. He just pet her hair comfortingly, avoiding Nantucket of course.

"I know you don't want to talk about it," Matthew started, "but it'll help if you do."

Amelia nodded; she didn't say anything though, she just stared ahead as if nothing had been said. Matthew just sighed and clutched his sister a little tighter.

Outside of the room, Toris paced just outside Amelia's door. Natalia tried to calm him down, but nothing worked. How hadn't he known about that? He knew Amelia hated being intimate, but never put the connection before. His mind was racing with thoughts like these.

Natalia, while trying to calm Toris down, was shaken. She could never imagine going through what Amelia went through. Katyusha, the personification of Ukraine, pulled her sister away from the pacing nation. She tried explaining that sometimes these things aren't preventable. That sometimes no matter how hard you try, your leaders will be terrible.

Arthur, Lukas (Norway), and Vladimir (Romania) were all plotting. Plotting on how to get revenge on that horrible man. They could resurrect him and let him suffer in pain for the rest of his undead life. The could go back in time and hurt this man. Both options sounded very pleasant to them.

Tino and Berwald were trying to explain what happened to a very upset Peter. He was upset because he knew his older sister (no matter what, she was his sister) got hurt badly. He'd never seen her breakdown this bad before. The two parents of the micronation were glad they only had to deal with one and not the other.

Gilbert and Matthias, the personification of Denmark, were trying to figure out what to say to their awesome pal once they emerge from their cave of solitude. Maybe once this whole ordeal was done with, they could go drinking again.

The rest of the nations were trying to figure out something or the other on how to handle this situation.

Ivan, on the other hand, strode past Toris and burst into Amelia's room, causing shrieking from the twin nations. Ivan simply pushed Matthew away and hugged Amelia. Completely out of character, but he did that. Amelia tried to push him away, but he wouldn't budge.

Eventually she stopped trying and just relaxed him his arms, knowing he wasn't a threat in that moment. Ivan smiled slightly and leaned back, hands still on her shoulders.

"You okay now, comrade," he stated, like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Yeah," she sniffed, eyes and cheeks puffy and red. "Yeah, I'm good now."

"Good enough to become one with Mother Russia?"

"Never commie!"

She expertly weaved under Ivan's arms and ran out of the room, past all the nations who had seen the exchange between the two superpowers. She laughed liked nothing had happened. Her smile was a little fractured, not as bright, just a little more faker.