Chapter 5

The door lead to a room that was actually several rooms. The main room had a living room with a connecting kitchen. Down the hallway lead to the bedrooms, which were all individualized.

When the nations first walked into the living room, Saiska was there, sitting on one of the couches. Alfred quickly ran up to her and hugged her, but then started whining about how it was unfair that he was watching his memories. It was a losing fight however because she soon vanished once again, leading Alfred to curse up a storm.

"Al," Matthew walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder, "calm down. She's just trying to help."

Whilst Matthew was calming Alfred, the other nations looked around the 'room.' The area was quite spacious. Toris, the personification of Lithuania, wandered off and discovered that each of the rooms were individualized to the nation. Each bedroom door had a small flag tacked on it. Toris popped into his own bedroom and was amazed, it was amazing, everything he wanted.

When Toris returned the room had divulged into chaos. For some reason, Arthur and Francis, the personification of France, were fighting. Now, this wasn't entirely abnormal. They had finally gotten a chance to spat with one another, probably about who was going to cook their meal.

Whilst that was happening, Alfred and Matthew made their way into the kitchen and whipped up dinner. That itself should tell how long the argument lasted. Once they got the food on table, Matthew whistled loudly to get the nation's attention. Of course, they scolded Alfred for trying to deafen them.

Once the nations were fed and watered, they returned to resume watching the memories.

A new scene unfolded in front of the nations. Alfred was sitting in a field, playing with a rabbit, when a young teen approached him from behind.

"Hello," the boy said, "I'm Davie"

Alfred smiled up at Davie, "I'm Alfred."

Alfred turned to the nations. "I would prefer if nobody talks during this memory"

Davie led Alfred to his house and up into the attic. He dug in a chest and pulled out a dusty book with a flower on it. Davie opened the book to a bookmarked page, a blue daisy. Davie went on to say how he wished he could see it. Alfred argued that he could find it, but Davie countered that he couldn't as it doesn't grow in the colonies.

Alfred left to go search for this flower. Days passed, years passed. One day, while Alfred was searching, he saw Davie again, except he was now grown and didn't recognize the young nation.

"Davie!" Alfred tried and tried to get this man's attention, but Davie ignored the nation.

When Alfred saw Arthur next, he asked about the flower. Arthur told Alfred that it grew in England. That, of course, made Alfred sad. Luckily, Arthur popped up and said that he would go get it.

Once Arthur was gone back to England, Alfred searched for Davie once more. Only, Davie was now older and had children.

"Davie!" Alfred tried this time. "Davie!"

This time he wasn't ignored, Davie rubbed Alfred's head, giving this child attention.

When Arthur returned, Alfred was upset and started pounding on his ward's chest. It wasn't until Arthur pulled out the flowers that Alfred stopped. He quickly grabbed them and ran off. He ran until he saw the house.

"Davie!" Alfred yelled when he saw a young man who looked like Davie.

It was his son. Alfred presented the flowers to the mystery Davie. He led Alfred to a coffin and tossed the flowers in it. Alfred leaned into the coffin and grabbed one of the flowers and looked up at the young man.

"Davie?"

The scene faded to black.

Several nations looked to the ground. They've all experienced learning that they don't age the same as humans. Most sad, like this.

Ivan walked up to Alfred. "I am sorry comrade."

Alfred just smiled softly at his friends.