29

The scene started with Amelia prepping everything for Toris. She even somehow got another bed into the room. She looked like she hadn't slept all night long. Lovino was just sleeping on her bed. She went to her closet and changed into something more appropriate to meet Toris. Her long, wavy hair flowing down her back. She then promptly kicked Lovino off her bed.

"What?!" He asked, frustrated his sleep was interrupted.

"Toris comes today!" She seemed so excited. "I can't wait for him to show up and show him around the city... maybe even the rest of my country!"

"Calm down, blondie."

"Oh, and he finally will see me as Amelia!"

"Does he even know?"

"I told him, but you never know if he forgot or not."

The scene quickly shifted to Amelia and Lovino waiting for Toris to finish going through customs at Ellis Island.

"I hope he's not sick," Amelia said sadly. "A lot of people get turned away if they're sick."

"We're nations," Lovino reminded her.

"Oh yeah..."

As she trailed off, a boat was arriving to the port. Amelia perked up and she watched the passengers disembark in New York City, their eyes wide as they saw the city for the first time. After a few minutes of watching, Amelia spotted Toris, he was looking around, confused.
Amelia was about to rush over and tackle him, but Lovino held onto the back of her dress.

"Don't run," He scolded her, making her pout, "Walk."

Amelia nodded, still pouting, but once Lovino let go of her, she was off. She ran and then jumped onto Toris, shocking him and knocking them both over.

"Wh-who are you?" Toris asked.

Amelia was smiling so brightly, "it's me, silly."

"Mr. America?"

"It's miss right now. Also, call me Amelia, at least in public."

"Can you get off me?"

"Oh, sorry!"

She quickly scrambled up and pulled Toris up. She looked around and noticed people were staring as. She blushed lightly and pulled her friend over to Lovino.

"I don't know if you know each other," she started, "but, this is my 'friend' Lovino. Lovino, this is Toris."

"I believe we've met, once," Toris explained, shaking Lovino's hand. "I think I know your brother more."

"Of course you do," Lovino sneered.

The scene stopped as Feliciano looked over at his twin, "Fratello, what does that mean?"

"It means nothing," came the response.

"It means," Amelia spoke up on Lovino's behalf, despite being told to stop by said nation, "that he's always overshadowed by you. Haven't you noticed that you're the one being called 'Italy?' when your just North Italy. Lovino is called 'Romano' when he's just as much Italy as you are."

Amelia was huffing by the time she was done ranting. The scene slowly started again as Feliciano, and the other nations, contemplated what she had to say.

The scene actually changed to show that Lovino and Alfred were fighting, things were getting heated. Lovino threw a plate that Alfred had lying around at a wall, breaking it. The sound of it breaking made Alfred freeze, probably having a flashback, while Lovino continued to yell. Suddenly, Alfred pointed at the door.

"Out," he said softly, not making a dent in Lovino's loud voice.

"I said get out!" His voice was now louder than Lovino causing him to turn his attention to his boyfriend.

"Wha-" Lovino tried to say.

"Get out!"

He pushed Lovino out of the apartment, tears in his eyes. The nations just noticed Toris in the background, staring wide-eyed. Once Alfred could push Lovino out of the apartment, he slammed the door in his face, before slowly sliding down the door to the floor.

Toris slowly approached the quiet nation, kneeling next to him. He tried to put a hand on Alfred's shoulder, but a large flinch got in the way. Alfred slowly turned his head and looked at Toris, eyes puffy and red, silent tears falling down his face. Toris rushed forward and embraced the nation in front of him. The scene stopped and Amelia looked at Lovino.

"Do you understand why I acted like that?" she asked him.

"I do now," he told her.

"Good."

The next scene started with Amelia showing Toris around the city. She took him to one of her favorite bookstores. It was a small hole-in-the-wall shop. Toris watched Amelia in fascination. She was bright-eyed and so happy when she looked at books.

The next stop was her favorite diner, a small mom-and-pop place she loved with all her heart. Sadly, as she would disclose to Toris, the family was struggling, and the place might be closing. They ate a quiet meal in the empty diner.

The next place she took him was to the cinema, although it was closed, she just wanted to show him where it was.

Finally, they ended the day at a speakeasy. This one different from before. Amelia was dancing with a couple other men surrounding her. On the sideline,
Toris could be seen staring at her with, not lust, but affection in his eyes. Amelia was noticing that. With that, the scene ended and the door appeared.

Francis wiggled his eyebrows at Amelia and Toris, "There is love in the air."

Amelia just walked past one of her father figures and slammed her shoulder into his as she passed. She had grabbed Toris and walked past everyone, into
the living space. She headed straight for her room. Once there, she slammed the door and looked pointedly at Toris.

"Why did you have to look at me like that?" she asked in a frustrated voice.

"Like what?" he wondered aloud.

"Like... you liked me! We didn't get together for a while! We only knew each other a week in that memory... did you really like me back then?"

Toris smiled and walked over to a frustrated, yet confused Amelia. He put his hands on her shoulders.

"Yes," he told her, confidently, "I did. I loved you from the moment I first saw you."

To the nations listening at the door, it was a very cute moment that got them caught because of all the 'awes.'

"What are you doing outside my door?!" Amelia shrieked as she opened the door, causing the nations to fall into a pile on the floor.

Matthew was slowly sipping coffee in the background, leaning on another door across the hall.

"They wanted to spy," Lovino told her, sliding up next to Matthew, also with a cup of coffee.

Amelia kicked the first nation she saw, which happened to be Kyle, the personification of Australia. She kicked another nation, then another. She kept kicking till they got out of her room.