12

After several unanswered questions, Amelia broke, almost throwing Toris off her lap.

"You wanna know what happened?" she asked frustrated. "He hurt me, a lot more than that one time. It was constant throughout his entire time. Every time I spoke in my native tongue I was hit. He's not even the worst one either. You'll get to see plenty more of that!"

By the time she was done, her face was red, and she was huffing in anger. Toris, along with Matthew, looked at Amelia with sorrowful faces. They hadn't known how bad it was. The other nations all looked shocked. They hadn't known that her bosses could be so cruel with how she acted.

After a few seconds of silence, Amelia realized what she had just said. Her eyes widened and she jumped up, knocking Toris to the ground, making her more panicked. She tried to run off, but Ludwig grabbed her arm, making her flinch. She pulled her hardest, but Ludwig wasn't letting go.

"Please let me go," she pleaded, on the verge of a panic attack.

"Hold on," he just said.

Ludwig dragged Amelia back to her chair and sat her down, keeping a grip on her shoulders so she couldn't run. Arthur knelt in front of her.

"Amelia, love," he started. "We didn't realize how bad it was, but you aren't alone in that aspect. We've all had bad bosses."

"If it ever gets bad again," Gilbert said, appearing out of the crowd, "tell me, and the awesome me will take care of it."

That made her smile a tiny bit. She felt Ludwig's grip loosen. She still wanted out, so she bolted once more, headed for her room. Once there, she barricaded herself in the room. She ignored the banging on her door and just started playing punk rock music loudly.

Outside the room Matthew was banging on the door, knowing his twin was in distress. Vash, the personification of Switzerland, just put a hand on his shoulder and told him it was no use.

Feliciano volunteered himself and his brother, Lovino, for making lunch. Lovino, obviously, was upset at this, but reluctantly agreed. The twins made pasta. Everyone, but Amelia, ate. They saved her a plate, but she refused to join.

After about an hour or so after the meal, Amelia finally emerged from her cave, now wearing high rise jeans and a tight, simple black tank top.

"What's with the outfit change?" Matthew asked.

"I felt like jeans," she answered slyly. "Now, let's get back to the shit-show that is my life!"

As she said that, she passed the plate of food she was about to be handed and walked out the door.

"Maybe's she's finally on a diet, aru," Yao said, before walking out the door.

Matthew frowned, but quickly put the dish away before joining the others who were walking out the door.

As the scene started, many of the nations tensed, not knowing what was coming up. Before the nations stood Alfred and a man.

"I'm so happy to be working with you, sir, "Alfred said like an excited puppy. "I remember working with your dad."

"I know," the man, John Quincy Adams, said. I still remembering seeing you when you were still getting your footing."

"So, you never did tell me what Russia was like."

"You wanted to know about me?" Ivan asked, somehow making the scene pause.

"Well, yeah," Amelia replied. "I never really met you yet and I only heard bits and pieces."

Before more could be said, the scene continued. Adams chuckled and pet his nations head, accidentally touching Nantucket. Alfred got out of his grasp and was blushing.

"Don't touch Nantucket." His voice was rigid.

Adams just shook his head in disbelief, "anyway, if you want to know more about Russia, why not go visit."

"I can't just do that!"

"And why is that?"

"Because if I leave, I won't come back for years. Just like Iggy."

"Who's Iggy?"

"Oh, yeah, it's a nickname for Britain. It came to me in a dream."

"Hold up," Arthur said, stopping the scene. "It came to you in a dream?"

"Yeah..." Amelia was unsure of where this was going. "I get pretty vivid dreams sometimes, so what?"

Again, before more could be said, the scene continued.

"Okay..." Adams said uncertainly. "Anyway, you won't be gone years. A year, at most. Take the time off. You've barely left here since; I don't even know when."

Alfred sighed and nodded, "I guess I could take some time and meet some new nations."

So, the scene ended and a new one started up. This time, Alfred was wearing something that resembled a wool parka. He also looked like he was freezing. He was grumbling to himself.

"It would be fun they said," he grumbled quietly. "It would let you make new friends they said. Fun my ass."

"Who are you?" a young woman who resembled Natalia quite a bit asked. "And why are you here?"

Alfred's eyes widened as he turned around. "Uh, hi. I'm... uh I'm Alfred, or the United States of America. Are you Russia?"

"No, I'm Belarus, or Natalia. What do you want with my big brother?"

"He's your brother? Awesome! You see, I'm looking for him because my President knows him and told me to go say 'hi.'"

"Also, you shouldn't spout out who you are to every person you see."

"I know, but I had a feeling you were like me. Anyway, can you help me? I'm lost and freezing."

Natalia just rolled her eyes and nodded, before motioning for him to follow and started walking. Alfred rushed next to her.

"Also," Alfred started, "do you want to be friends? I don't have many and you look nice."

Natalia just stopped dead in her tracks, making Alfred stop as well.

"Oh no," Alfred started freaking out. "Did I say something wrong? Do you not want to be friends, because that's fine, just say so-"

"I look nice?" she asked.

"Well yeah, I've never really met anyone as nice as you, besides my brother Mattie. Although, we're fighting right now. Everyone else just seems war crazy.

They did help me, but they more or less just wanted to kick Iggy's butt."

"Fine, just stop talking before I get a headache."

"Fine as in you'll be my friend?"

"Yes."

Alfred just smiled and walked alongside Natalia to Russia's place.

How America Became AmericaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara