Chapter 6

Alfred continued to look down sadly as the next scene started up. There was a bustling city in front of the nations, Boston. A boy, who looked about thirteen ran past them, towards the harbor where a ship was coming into port. It was clear as to who this boy was by the cowlick on his head. The boy wore brown knickers with suspenders and a white cotton shirt, the collar was loosely tied, his shoes were brown and dirty.

The boy seemed to run faster as he got closer to the port. He weaved expertly in between the workers getting everything ready for the ship. Once he was on the dock, he waited for what seemed like forever. He was bouncing on his toes and looked at the slowing ship with anticipation.

When the gangplank was settled on the dock, young Alfred watched as every human disembarked. He waited patiently for his caretaker, but instead a pompous man came up to Alfred an introduced himself.

"Hello young master," the man said, making Alfred hate him already. "I'm here to inform you of some changes that will be happening, please walk with me."

"You sent a stranger to talk to him?" Francis interjected, looking in disbelief at the scene.

"I was busy," Arthur defended himself, but before he was able to continue the scene continued.

The man made Alfred carry a heavy piece of luggage, but Alfred didn't really mind that, what he minded was that the guy just kept talking and talking and not letting Alfred say a word. So, Alfred ignored the man, until he said...

"Now," he said, "sugar will be a little more expensive with this tax, but it's needed to help pay for the war."

"Wait," Alfred dropped the luggage, making the man yelp as now it was getting dirty. "What do you mean 'tax.'"

"Uh... since the war cost so much, we need to tax British items, like sugar."

"No."

"Y-you can't say no, it's not up to you."

Alfred just walked off, leaving the pompous man trying to pick up his heavy luggage and failing.

Arthur went up to Alfred and whacked him on the back of the head. "You don't just leave people when you're frustrated."

Alfred rubbed the back of his head and smirked slightly, "Yes I can."

A new scene started up before either could argue. This time: The Stamp Act of 1765. Young Alfred held a torch in his hand and was screaming incoherently, like many other colonists. They headed to a house where a man was holding his wife outside. The colonists started throwing bricks through the windows and Alfred set the house on fire.

"This'll teach them!" Alfred yelled, causing many colonists to cheer in agreeance.

A quick scene change had the nations spinning. Now they watched as a disgruntled colonists started throwing snowballs, most likely with rocks in them at redcoats that were aiming straight for the unarmed colonists. Alfred stood in front yelling profanities at the British soldiers.

Arthur smacked Alfred again. This time, Alfred didn't smirk or say anything. He knew what was coming.

Suddenly there was a sharp crack, then another, and another, and another. Five colonists dead, six wounded. Alfred was also wounded, but he could still help care for the others before his wound became to much pain and he passed out.

All the nations were silent. Toris slowly came up to Alfred and hugged him. He knew of the horror from stories, but to see it was completely different.

"I want a break," Alfred finally said and the door appeared once more.

Alfred slowly lead the other nations into the space and instantly went to lie down. Toris followed him to make sure he was okay.

In the main space several nations glared at Arthur. After a while things seemed to disperse and settle down. Without notice, Natalia, the personification of Belarus, snuck off to find Alfred.

In another room, Alfred was on the verge of a breakdown. He just watched his friends die all over again. Realization that he would have to keep experiencing this hurt even more. He didn't want to relive all that death.