Chapter Eight

Stefan's P.O.V.

Elena and I are walking along the trail of the forest when she slips on a rock. I catch her as she falls backwards, knocking me over into the stream we just walked over. We sit there and laugh, her leaning into me. She looks up at me from my shoulder and reaches her head up to kiss me. When she pulls away, she says,
"Thanks for the save." I smile at her and push her up. She reaches her hands out to grab mine to pull me up. I reach my hands out to hers and grab them. She pulls me up, but I do most of the work. We walk forwards towards a bridge, hand in hand, her leading me. We stop at the bridge and overlook it, she buries her head in her arm and looks at me. I can feel her eyes on me, so I look over at her. I lean over to kiss her. Once we walk away, I start walking but she stays there, as I turn away, I realize she's not following me. I turn to look her her and she's running up to me. I turn my back to her to run away, but she's already caught up to me. She jumps on my back and wraps her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I put my hands under her thighs and carry her in a piggy-back style. We walk like this until we get to the mountain when I put her down.
"You're climbing this on your own."
"What if I fall?"
"Then I'll be there to catch you."
"What if you're not?" She says, teasing me and taking a step closer.
"I will be. Do you trust me?"
"I do."
"Then let's go."
The first part of the path isn't rocky, it's just uphill, so I grab her hand, then begin running up it, her following close behind. We run hand in hand for a while until we are too tired. I go to the side of the path where there is a patch of grass and fall down. I'm still holding her hand, so I pull her down with me. She lands on top of me, looking at me. We look at each other and both start laughing, then she rolls off of me. We're still holding hands as we look up at the sky. She adjusts her body to rest her head on my chest.
"That didn't last long."
"Oh well." I say.
"I like it here. It's peaceful."
"Me too."
"I love you, Stefan. So much."
"I love you too."
"Stefan?" All of a sudden, as Elena says this, her voice suddenly sounds a lot like Damon's.
"What?"
"Stefan, you there? Hello? Earth to Stefan!"
I'm awoken from my daydreaming state to be found in my brother Damon's room. I'm sitting on a chair and looking at him. He's standing in the mirror, holding two ties up to his shirt.
"What?"
"Finally. It was like you were in another world."
I want to go back to that world.
"I said, which tie looks better?"
"For what?"
"For my date with Elena. I want to look nice since I plan to take her out to a nice dinner."
"Oh."
"So, should I do the plain red, or the blue with black stripes?"
"Do the red." He's wearing a black collared shirt. While I'm very jealous that he's going out with Elena, I told Elena to go out with him. I wanted her to be happy, so I have to be supportive of this. No matter how I feel.
"Ok. Thanks brother!"
"No problem."
"You should probably get going for school, do you want me to drive you?"
"No, it's fine. I'll drive myself. Elena wanted a ride anyways."
"Great! Don't tell her what I'm wearing, I want it to be a surprise."
"I promise I won't tell her."
"Great!"

* * *

I pull up to Elena's house as she's running out the door. I open the door for her and she steps in.
"Hi."
"Good morning." I say.
"Good morning."
"Are you ready for your date today? I know Damon is."
"I guess."
"What's that mean?"
"I don't know. I barely know him."
"Well, that's the whole point of a date, to get to know someone."
"I guess so."
"Just go in there with an open mind. Damon's a good guy."
"Ok."
Elena reaches for the radio to change the station. She turns on the MIX and a Maroon 5 song is playing. She starts singing along to it and looks at me to start singing. I look over at her and smile. She pouts her lip and I just smile and shake my head. She sighs. For the rest of the car ride, she is listening to music and singing.
The school day is the same as usual. I saw Elena throughout the day and walked her to class. She sat next to me at lunch, and for the most part we only talked to each other. Scott and Allison always talked to each other, Klaus and Caroline to each other, and Stiles and Lydia would always really only talk to each other or try to occupy their time trying to solve a riddle or something. We never talked about her date with Damon. I think she didn't want to mention it because maybe she thought I would feel hurt or something, and maybe she's right,  but either way, I'm glad we didn't talk about it.

-

Elena's P.O.V.

The final bell rang, dismissing us. I walked out the front door to see Damon leaning against his car. His jet black hair blowing in the wind, his eyes covered by sunglasses. He has his hands crossed over his chest. Behind his arms is a black collared shirt with a red tie. His legs are crossed in front of him. He's wearing black jeans. He looks fantastic, and suddenly h feel underdressed. He smiles a crooked smile when he sees me. I walk up to him and he walks out to greet me with a hug.
"Are you ready?" He says.
"For what?"
"Our date. I'm taking you out to eat. I hope you're hungry."
"Very." I say.
We get in the car, and as I turn to grab my seatbelt, I see Stefan. He's standing by the door, his hands in his pocket. He's been watching us. His face looks so sad, but he's trying to hide it. All I can do is look at him. I feel so bad. I know he's the one who encouraged me to go out with Damon, but right now, I really want to get out of this car and go hug him. Tell him it's going to be alright, that we're going to be alright. I think I might have had it not been for Damon starting to drive away.

* * *

"Dinner was great. Thank you, Damon."
"Of course."
We stood there, awkwardly staring at each other. I don't think either of us knew what to do next. I saw Damon's eyes start to drift downwards and I knew what he wanted. I didn't want it.
"I'm sorry to cut the night short, but would you mind driving me home?"
"Really? I could take you back to my place, we could have dessert." He smirked when he said dessert. He was such a gentleman, but now I'm a little uncomfortable.
"No, that's fine. I have homework to do, I think I should probably just go home."
"But its a Friday."
"Damon, please, take me home, or I'll call Stefan and he will." I raised my voice slightly. I didn't want to be mean, especially since we had a very good date, but I don't have sex on the first date, and I know that's what Damon wanted.
"Fine."
"Thank you."
We drive home in silence. Not even the radio was on. It was awkward, but I didn't mind. I liked the silence. When we got to my house, I was about to get out of the car when I was stopped.
"Elena, wait. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to try to push you like that. I'm just not used to this, dating, I mean. I'm used to having one night stands and that's it. But you're different. I'm willing to wait for you."
"Thank you, Damon."
"So, does this mean I get to see you again? That we can have a second date?"
"Text me."

-

Stefan's P.O.V.

Damon and Elena have been gone for almost four hours when I hear the door open. The following sound is of trudging feet and two people laughing. A guy and a girl. He got her drunk. I'm going to kill him. She doesn't deserve this.
"Shhhhh. My brothers home." Damon says. His speech is slurred, he's clearly drunk.
"Ok. Where's your room?" I hear a woman's slurred speech, but it's not Elena's. I turn around to see who it is, but I've never seen her before in my life. Does this mean their date went horribly? They begin to sloppily make out, and I quickly turn around. I definitely didn't want to see that. I take out my phone to text Elena how the date went, hoping to comfort her. I get a quick reply. She said,
"The date went great. I think we're planning to go on a second one, I'm just not sure when"
Of it went so great, why is Damon sleeping with another girl right now? I asked her if Damon has a good time, she said he did. I suddenly become enraged. He just went on a date with Elena, that she says was great, and he's in his room sleeping with some random woman. This isn't fair to her. From what I can read in this text, she seems happy. If he breaks her heart, I will kill him. I don't care if he's my brother... but that's no what Elena would want. I should tell her, but I don't want to cause her pain, even if it's Damons fault. I'll talk to him in the morning and make sure that this won't happen again. Damon will be a good boyfriend to Elena. I'll make sure of it.
-
-
-
Sorry this chapter was shorter and it took me longer to write. It's just hard to write when it's Damon and Elena, because I don't like them. This story is still a Stelena story, you just need to be a little patient. What's a story without a little drama? I briefly brought up the background ships because the next three chapter will be a brief one about Scallison. It will be told from the point of views of Scott and Allison. Stelena will still be brought up in that chapter though! I'm still delaying whether or not I want to do one for Stydia and Klaroline. I'm just not sure what I would write. Let me know if you would want one of those too! Once again, thank you so much for reading! Please share this and comment! I would love to hear your feedback or ideas for where you would want this story to go! Check out my Instagram, @stellijah . I post another Stelena and Klaroline AU with pictures and my highlights will tell you when I post a new chapter! Once again, thank you so much!