Chapter 45

D A M O N

The one day I actually try to look for Alex and I can't find her. I was walking towards last period and spotted Alex sitting on the bleachers. Everyone else was sitting around or playing, including Matt and Dylan, who I spoke to this morning. She was surrounded by her friends. I looked over at Gabe who was smiling at me. He nodded at me with smilie.

I nodded back. Gabe was a truly nice guy and he's one of the few friends I have that aren't Dylan and Matt. We hung out a couple of times at his house. I made my way over to Alex only to have them all go silent and stare at me.

I cleared my throat." Can I talk to you?" I asked looking at Alex. She looked conflicted. But then she nodded.

"Yeah." She said and stood up and turned to her friends." I'll be right back guys." She said and following me back to a quiet place in the gym. Which was the corner by the doors.

"So what's this about? I thought we established everything we needed a couple days ago?" She said hiking her foot up on the wall.

"Well we have a much bigger problem now." I said. She didn't say anything just kept looking forward.

"Whatever it is, we don't Involve anyone who doesn't absolutely need to be." She said with all seriousness. I nodded.

"Look I dont know how else to tell you this, so I just am."I said quickly. She just nodded and I continued." Boss caught you on camera and he wants you. At first he told me he just wanted you as one of his fighters. But I was ease-dropping on a conversation and that not even close to what he really wants. He wants to keep you as a fucking sex slave. If not that he's gonna kill you. And I won't let any of that happen."

"Damon you can't protect everyone. Whatever happens we are now in this together. No matter how terrified I am at the moment." She said bringing her shaky hands up to rub her arms. I stopped her hand and pulled her into my chest and wrapped my arms around her.

I felt her tense up but after a couple seconds, she wrapped her arms around my waist. "We'll get through this together." I promised. "Ok." She whispered barely. After a couple minutes she let go and I unwrapped my arms from her.

We stared at the scene in front of us. People playing dodgeball. A guy was going for the last kid. The kid looked terrified.

"I'm going to go back to my friends." Alex said and began to walk away. She was a couple feet away when a the kid in the game yelled "No don't!"  I shook my head at them , they took this game way too seriously. I turned towards Alex. She stood there frozen.

"Alex are you ok?"  Nothing. I began to walk towards her. Then she turned and a look of fear was displayed on her face. And just like that she fainted. I quickly ran and caught her before she hit the floor. I didn't know how long had passed but I quickly picked her up bridal style .

"What happened!" Her friends began to ask as the ran towards me.

" I don't know she just fainted." I said and walked towards the doors.

"We need to get her to the nurse now!" Jack yelled.

"What's going on here?" Coach asked. He saw a unconscious Alex in my arms and began hurrying me to the nurses office.