Chapter 14

Alex

It was finally Friday game day. We were so busy practicing I didn't spare a glance at our newbies. I got up from my bed before getting in the shower. I'll admit I was kinda nervous for the game today. I put on our team game day shirt. Basically every year we make a game day t-shirt and wear them on game days.  Our game was an hour away and we would be missing out on school except for 1st and 2nd period.

I pulled up to school since Ava didn't need a ride from me anymore. I walked into school and to my locker to see my friends wearing their game day shirts.
"Ready for today?" Jack asked me.

"Yup, did give the newbies their shirts?" I asked Jack as Gabe and Ava started their own conversation.

"Yeah last practice. I love game days!" He said .

"Yeah only to miss out on school." I said taking out my books for 1st period.

Briiinnnggg

"Well I'll see you guys on the bus." I said as Ava dragged me to first period.

   ~2nd period~

Gabe and I were sitting in class doing our work when the intercom came on.

"We need all basketball players to report to the gym with their stuff. Thank you. "The principle said.

Gabe and I grabbed our stuff and headed out the class and to the gym. Getting a few good luck from  class mates. We walked into the gym to see our teams on the bleachers waiting including Ava and Jack. Coach came out of his office and walked over to us

"Finally graced us with your presence." Coach said.

" Sorry sir." Gabe said. Looking at him while me I had something else to say.

" Well you know coach, you should feel lucky for my presence. Not everyone gets it." I said smiling at him.

" Get on the bleachers Alex." He said. I walked over to where Gabe ,Ava , and  Jack were.

" Ok guys so you know we have our game to day with the bobcats today. First game of the year let's start it off great. " Coach said before leading outside to the bus.

~On the bus~

Jack and I sat in the back of the bus with Ava and Gabe on the way to the game. Unlike Gabe and Ava me and Jack were listening to music. Well I was. Jack, I'm pretty sure he was texting girls. I was about to ask him how long we still had when the bus came to abrupt stop sending me into the seat in front of me along with Jack.

"Ah what the hell coach!?" I yelled. Knowing it was coach who told the bus driver to do something like this.

"Had to make sure y'all weren't sleep on me Alex." He said laughing as he got off the bus. I looked out the window to see we were here at the game and boy was I ready.

" Let's go Gabe we got some kitties to scare." Jack said getting off the bus with Gabe following.I stood up from my seat and grabbed my backpack.

" You heard him Ava we have some cats to beat." I said getting off the bus with Ava following.we walked into the restrooms to get changed into our uniform.

we walked into the restrooms to get changed into our uniform

Our uniform was red, white, and black. Coach managed to convince them I could wear leggings under my shorts because if I'm being honest the shorts ride up to much.

Ava and I walked out the girls restroom along with the other girls in my team and walked into the gym where the boys were waiting for us.

" Today is the first game of the season, and I want y'all to start it off killing it. I don't mean that as in winning but making sure that they know us because of how great and hard we played. Winning would just be a bonus." Coach said.

"Aww coach you touch my heart." I say putting my hand on my heart but coach simply ignores me. Well how rude.

" Play hard and have some fun!" Coach says. " But most importantly make me look good." He says. We all laugh at that.

~The Game 🏀~

   The boys were winning by two points all they had to do is score this last basket and it would be over there was only 15 seconds.

I waited with Ava as we watched the boys play then it would be over. We girls had won our game , we were ahead by 10 points. That was before the boys game started. The  referee blew the whistle and I see Gabe pass the ball to the blonde newbie. Ah what the hell was his name. Oh it's Matt.
I got up from the stands and screamed. " C'mon Matt you got this!" I yelled. I watched as someone came and stole the ball from Matt.

The guy on the opposing team was dribbling to the other side. No! I thought but then a hand stole it back from him. We had only 5 seconds left. Damon was the one who stole it he dribbled back to the basket and shot. I held my breath and closed my eyes. Then I heard it. Our team screaming and I opened my eyes. Gabe ran over and swung Ava around by the waist. He did it. Damon made it in the basket.

~On The Bus

We were on the bus heading back home it was 4 and we wouldn't get home for like and 30 minutes. I was sitting next to Jack. " Hey I'm throwing a party and your going." Jack said as he texted all his friends he's having a party.

" What why do I have to go." I said. I took out my earbuds to hear him.

" Because dummy our school won there for we host a party. Your are one of the captains so you have to be there." He said like it was nothing. He suddenly got up from his seat. " Hey guys party at my house at 9. "He said. Then the whole bus erupted in cheers.

Oh this was going to be a long night. I said as I put my earbuds back in.