Chapter 6

Alex

    Finally it was last period which was gym for all of us together. Coach Johnson is the gym teacher which was cool because he said we could workout in sweats which was awesome for me cause some of these girls act like it is so hot outside that they feel the need to wear the shortest short ever.

Like have some dignity Jesus. Ava and I walked into the locker room and got changed and as you can already tell Ava wore a pair leggings. We both walked out the locker room and into the gym.

 We both walked out the locker room and into the gym

  We were all waiting for coach Johnson to get here. Ava somehow started talking to a girl with glasses while she was distracted I went to talk to Gabe and Jack.

"OK so you still want me to talk to her right "I asked Gabe.

"Yeah but like don't tell her anything." He said.
"Just stick to my plan. "Jack said
. "You told him!" Gabe said.

"Duh do really he wouldn't find out plus he gave me a good idea on how to get her to confess to me." I said as Jack high fives me.

"Yeah bro calm down we are all for you finally growing the balls to ask Ava out" Jack said laughing.

"Fine just shut up " Gabe said trying to contain his smile.

"Well I gotta go talk to Ava ,I'll let y'all know after school." I said waving at them as I walked back to Ava right as the coach walked into the gym.

"Alright today we actually have everyone." Coach Johnson said looking at the 3 boys sitting on the bleachers looking at coach.

"So today we will be laying dodgeball but next week we'll be working out"  coach said.

Then he spilt us into 4 groups thankfully Ava was on my team so I could talk to her. First up was Gabe and Jack's team and the other team with the new kids.

The rest of the teams sat on the bleachers as the two teams played. I took this as my chance to talk to Ava.

" Ava I have to say something OK and this stays between us OK only us." I said looking at her then sneaking quick look to Jack ,signally to him that I was going with the plan he mouthed an 'ok '. Then I continued talking to Ava.

" What is it?" Ava asked concerned.

"OK well I think Jack is cute" I said looking at Jack for a quick moment making in look believable. Ava gave me a smile
"OMG finally I was starting to think you were a lesbian which I'm totally fine with. Look at you finally looking at a boy—''.

"Wait!  You thought I was a lesbian—" I began but was cut off.

" Not the point—Wait! Did you say Jack"she asked.I nodded.

"OH well I'm mean if you like him then you like him." She said at me with a reassuring smile.

" Really I was so worried  you would be mad at me!" I said faking to be sad.

" I would never, would you be mad at me if I liked one of your friends?" She asked. "No"I said.

"OK then I guess I should confess something to you since we are confessing and all." She said then took a deep breath." OK so I kinda have a little crush on Gabe." She said shyly.

Finally I was thinking I was going to have to keep talking about Jack I though

t."I'm not mad if that's what your wondering , in fact I think you would make a great couple." I said giving her a smile.

" Really , but I don't know if he feels the same." She sad." Trust me there's nothing you need to worry about, just talk to Gabe more than you usually do and I guarantee that Gabe will ask you out." I said

." OK."she said.

"Alex, your teams up c'mon." Coach said. Ava and I got up along with the rest of the team and the other team too getting on the other side of the gym.

My team and I lined up on the wall preparing to run when the whistle blows. Then it did.

Ava and I ran to grab the Dodge balls and started throwing them to the other team getting the out easily. 2 minutes later our team won. Next we had winner against winner which unfortunately wasn't Gabe's team but it was the new kids team and mine.

We all lined up against the wall preparing to demolish the other team."Ok we got this guy's. Let's beat them!" I yelled to my team.
" Yeah we do!" The team yelled back. Then the whistle blew. We all ran to get the Dodge balls.

It was a tie game Ava,some blonde kid ,and I were still in along with the other 3 new boys on the other side. "C'mon Alex you got this"yelled Jack. "Wow thanks Jack." Ava yelled sarcastically.
" You got this too Ava ."Gabe said. Ava smiled at him and the was hit by a ball in the stomach. "What the hell!" She yelled walking to the bleacher sitting with Gabe and Jack.

"Get them out Alex !" Ava yelled out angrily. I sent her a thumbs up. It was just me against 3 boys. I turned to look at them to see them all looking at me. I Had a ball in my hand and threw it towards the blonde one leg so he couldn't catch it.

Luckily he didn't catch it and he was out. The other two were still smirking at me! "Wipe that smirk of y'all's faces your about to lose " I told them grabbing another ball.

"Actually I think its quite the opposite" said the Brown eyed one.

Let's just say I got a little pissed and threw the ball to his stomach. He fell down in pain groaning not expecting me to throw the ball and while the last player was distracted I threw another ball at him.

"Alex's team wins" coach says ending the game.I walked over to Gabe ,Jack, and Ava, as they congratulate me but I wasn't listening instead I was focused on the boy I hit in the stomach sitting on the bleachers glaring at me along with his friends but I ignore it and walk out with my friends.