Chapter 37

He sped out the parking lot and made his way out to the club. He felt the beat of the music all the way outside in the parking lot.

He stepped out my car and locked it. He walked across the street an showed the bouncer his ID.

" Damon, I thought I told you to stay from these things." Henry told him, handing him his ID back. Henry was a big guy with a buzz cut and dark brown eyes.

" You know I have to do this Henry." He told him putting his ID in his pocket. He was about to step in untill a hand shot out keeping him from entering.

" Be careful. Especially tonight. He just lost a lot of money." Henry said and let him through. The smell of alcohol and sweat hit him like a ton of bricks.

Bodies grinding on bodies. Sweat dripping off their heads. It replused Damon. Never had he even thought that it would ever be fun. Infact he couldn't even think that he had to hurry past the dance floor and into the narrow hallway that became his nightmare.

3 door to the right would be his harsh reality. The thing that kept him from going crazy. All he needed to do is catch Him at his weakest. But that's proven to be tough.

He entered and the scene was something he was use to. But how he wished he  wasn't. Beaten bodies being bandaged. Bloody bodies barely standing. It was horrible but he couldn't do anything. Yet.

He passed the bodies and neared the ring, where he would fight that very night. Infact in 4 hours. He had plenty of time to swallow the guilt and nervousness before tonight.

He walked away towards the hallway and opened the 3rd door on the right. His room. The room where he would have to make sure his sanity is in check. Where he would pray that he could make out alive one more day.

He walked in and put his backpack on the work out couch they had provided him. He looked at himself in the mirror. Disgusted. How could he let himself get this far?

He took out his wraps and wrapped them around his knuckles, tightly. He got up and started punching the the bag in the the corner of his room. Over and over again, replaying the moment Alex was almost hurt.

He didn't realize how hard he punching the bad untill it fell on the floor. He arms felt heavy. He thought the bag was Him.
Him who changed his life for the worst.

He swore revenge. And revenge he will avenge. Even if it meant almost killing himself. Damon picked the bag up and set it in the couch.

He sat beside it and stare at his reflection. This wasn't the same Damon as 5 years ago. The Damon that was happy. This was one filled the need to get revenge.

He laid his head back and closed his eyes,letting the oxygen to slowly enter his lungs and relax. In and out his brain told him. And so he listen. Soon he was consumed in a memory.

" Mom when can we go home? We've been shopping for hours!" I said as Mom and I walked along the sidewalk of a lonely night.

" Soon Damon. We just need to get one more thing." She said as we entered a dark alley. We were walking when we heard footsteps following behind us.

"Mo—"

"No!" Damon shouted as he was jolted awake by a hand shaking him. He looked up only to see Henry.

" Another one?" Henry asked. Damon nodded and sat up rubbing his eyes.
" What's wrong?" Damon asked knowing the look on Henry's face wasn't good.

" He wants you to fight twice tonight." Henry said knowing that Damon couldn't reject the fights. If he did he would be seen afterwards.

"How long was I out?" Damon asked.
""3 hours."

Damon simply replied with,"ok." Henry shook his head knowing that Damon wouldn't even attempt to get out of the situation. He exited the room to let Damon get ready.

.
.
.
.

He could hear the screaming of the crowds. Screaming for more blood. It was sickening yet it was what wanted.

He prayed one last time and exited the door and made his way down the hallway. He was so joined by Henry by his side. Henry was a sense of comfort. He was always there to make sure he was ok and bandaged up.

With one last look he made his way out into the ring where the screaming got louder. He looked up at the viewing room where He would be watching. He took his stance and the rest was a blur.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Meanwhile he was fighting to survive she was having trouble sleeping. She laid in her bed replaying todays events. She felt such comfort and relief with him. It was like a breath of fresh air.

She began to like she did when He was alive but better .A sense of comfort. She tossed and turned but still couldn't sleep. She wondered what he was doing right now. Did he feel the same thing she did?

Eventually she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

.
.
"Leo mom said she wanted us home 30 minutes ago!" I yelled waving my hand in the air.

" I know Lex. I'm going as fast as I can. I don't want to crash." He said keeping his eyes on the road.

" I missed you Leo. So did mom,dad, Claire, and Eric.' I said looking out the window. Leo sighed.

" I know Lex. But my job required me to move to New York. Remember you told me to follow my dreams. Now I want you to follow yours." He said

" I know Leo, it just we barely see you that's all." I said but I quickly changed the subject see how sad he was getting." Anyway how's the FBI." I said excitedly.

" Great actually. I'm working on a case that involves  a women found dead in an alley. The killer murdered a women except the child. It's kind of an old case like almost 4 years but something about it seems weird." He said sadly.

I was going to ask him about the child when in the corner of my eye I saw bright lights.

"Leo! Watch—"

"Alex wake up!" A voice yelled as she opened her eyes. She  looked around to see her father.

" What happened?" She asked him. He looked at her like she was crazy.

" You were shouting in your sleep. Are you ok, Alex." He asked her,eyes full of concern.

" Um yeah. I just was having a bad dream. You know about zombies." She  lied hoping he wouldn't ask anything else.

" Ok." He said. " We'll go back to sleep and dream about good things. Goodnight sweetheart." He said and left her room.

Once he left she lifted her shirt to reveal her shoulder tip. The black ink that visibly shows as she traced the scar underneath. The tattoo she had gotten when she turned 16.

She wiped away the tear that slipped from her eye and laid back down hopping to get some sleep.