Chapter 7

Alex

  After I dropped off Ava at her house Gabe and I went to my house so I could tell him the news. Gabe texted jack to meet us at my house in 20 minutes.

I was making Mac and cheese while Gabe went to take a shower in the guest room. I'm telling you this is their second home. Then the doorbell rung and Jack just came in anyway before me going to open the door. Gee talk about safety right.

I should really lock the door. "Whatcha making sunshine?" He said sitting on the counter.

"Really sunshine,do you want to get punched in the face this time?" I asked him serving him a bowl of Mac and cheese.

"I'd rather not get punched again you left a bruise" he said eating his food.Gabe came downstairs and into the kitchen sitting at the table with Jack and I . I Also severed him a bowl.

" What did she say?" Gabe asked me while eating.

" Eager much." Jack said laughing.
" Well she said that she has a tiny crush on you but didn't know how you felt so I told her to be more open with you, but now she thinks I like Jack so hurry up and ask her out so I can tell her that I don't like Jack." I told him and I wish you could see his face it was the biggest smile ever.

"Well I agree you should ask her out soon,right sugar plum." Jack said kissing my cheek, I punched him hard in the arm.

" OK now your asking for death." I said putting the bowls in the sink.

"OK well I'm going to need  help asking her out please?" Gabe asked us recovering from his happy phase. Jack put his arm around my shoulder.

"Sure anything so that Alex can pretend to like me right sweet cheeks." Jack said smiling down at me.

"I can't believe I'm doing this, your lucky your my friend."I told Gabe wiggling Jack's arms off me.

"Good so I'm planning to do it Thursday. I just need y'all to bring her to the diner that we always go to after school with a blindfold." He said.

"OK we can do that"I told him.
"OK one more thing I need y'all to distract her untill after I ask her out. So that she doesn't get suspicious about me ." He said with pleading eyes.

" How do we do that." Jack asked.

" Well she already thinks that Alex likes you , so keep her distracted with y'all two. Something to take her mind off of me." He said.

"Yes" " no way" I said while Jack was smiling." You owe big time Gabe" I told him.

   We were in the living room playing on my brothers play station. "So ho do you think the new team mates are?" Gabe asked putting his controller down.
" They're not members until we say they are OK." I told him.

"Yeah we don't know how good they are so , plus I think they are juniors, or at least that's what I heard." Jack said.

"Well right now I don't know and don't care"I said grabbing my phone and scrolling through my music.

"By the way what's your deal with the new kids" Jack asked curious getting up and stretching.

" Nothing one of them told me I was going to lose and my temper got a hold so I threw the ball at his stomach no big deal" I said shrugging.

"Just don't do anything else to piss them off they have a reputation to be dangerous and you don't know them." Gabe said.

"Don't get your boxers in a twist I'm a big girl do I have to remind you I beat you up that time."I said.

" OK we don't have to bring that up all the time." Gabe said embarrassed. I tried to contain my laughter and so did Jack but Gabe's embarrassment is amusement to me. But like I said I tried but bursted out laughing and so did Jack.

 But like I said I tried but bursted out laughing and so did Jack