Chapter 3: unforeseen complications

Ghira was pacing around the hall, reading some papers that he had in his hands. There was a long silence in the air as Ghira read the papers. He soon sighed and put a hand on his head. Kali then put a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Yes. It's not going to be easy for the people to hear, but the truth often isn't" Ghira said. "I know they'll do the right thing"

Blake then put a hand on Ghira's other shoulder and they soon had a family hug, before Ghira felt a hand on his back.

"You got this" It was Sun. He backed away quickly, as to not get on his bad side.

"We have faith in you, Ghira" Roaul smiled. Ghira soon opened the doors to his house, revealing many Faunus that were crowding around. News reporters, bystanders, even Fennec and Corsac were there. Ghira put his hand up, silencing the crowd as he spoke into the microphone.

"Thank you all for assembling here. I want to take time to address some rumours that have been circulating around our island. I believe that it is important for the people of this territory to understand the truth. No matter how you feel about the human race, I think we can all agree that the event now known as the fall of Beacon was a tragedy. A tragedy that will set both human and Faunus-kind back. While the main aggressor is still unknown, we do have official conformation that Adam Taurus...the leader of a powerful splinter group working inside the White Fang, was partially responsible for these attacks. His actions not only tarnished the reputation of an organisation originally created to bring peace and equality to all, but to our entire race. With each day that this man remains unpunished, it becomes increasingly difficult to condemn those that look down upon us"

The crowd started to murmur their thoughts about Ghira's speech as Corsac and Fennec were still standing silent. Ghira put his hand up, silencing them once again as he continued speaking...

"Recently, a spy from the same splinter group set their sights on this very home. My own daughter, Blake, and her friends did their very best the apprehend this individual. While they were unsuccessful after being physically assaulted and seriously injured, they were successful in obtaining the assailant's scroll"

Ghira pulled out Ilia's scroll, confirming what he said.

"With this, we have been able to ascertain the Adam Taurus has plans to overthrow the current leader of the White Fang, Sienna Khan, and take over the reigns himself" Ghira explained, making the crowd's murmuring turn to discussion. Of course, everyone did not know that Adam had already done what Ghira had told them. He had already killed Sienna and taken her place. Ghira kept going on with his speech right after...

"His radical plans do not stop there; the documents on this scroll proclaim that his next target to be Haven Academy and its attached CCT tower. Their plan is to strike on the last full moon before the beginning of the fall semester, roughly two months from today. I have sent my swiftest messenger to the government of Mistral, but I believe we have a greater responsibility. My relationship with the White Fang has been...an interesting one. Years ago, I led the organisation to help try and create a world where I, and every Faunus who wished, could walk alongside the human race. And while I believe we made great strides towards this goal, it was made clear to me that people both in and out of the White Fang wanted faster results. So I stepped down, and Sienna Khan was appointed to be my successor. It's true that I do not fully condone many of her methods. What I do condone is what Sienna fights for: the idea that the Faunus and humans are, and should be, equal. Adam Taurus does not seem to have that goal in mind. What he has done benefits no one but himself. I think it's time that the Faunus showed the world that we are equals! Time that we sniff out this splinter group, and restore the White Fang to what it once was!"