thirteen

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

our love is dahlia, oh

jisoo couldn't contain her feelings as she got inside the car next to hoseok. this was going to be the first time she gets to see her parents again.

hoseok looked over at jisoo with sad eyes before looking out the window. he didn't want her to know this early. he knew that the smile plastered on her face would soon vanish. why? because her parents had abandoned her.

once they had gotten the money from hoseok, they left korea. but of course, he never told jisoo, thinking she would have forgotten about them.

the drive was slow for both of them. hoseok wanted to tell her the truth, but he felt a lump in his throat that prevented him from speaking.

but once the car came to a stop, jisoo quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and open the door. almost tripping up the small porch railing, jisoo didn't seem to notice the differences the house held.

hoseok followed behind her, sighing as he looked down.

knocking on the door, jisoo waited patiently for her parents to open. after three minutes of waiting, jisoo knocked again. five minutes passed, yet no one came to open the door.

just as jisoo was about to knock again, hoseok stopped her. "jisoo, it's not worth it."

jisoo frowned. "maybe there just not here yet, maybe we should wait a bit."

hoseok sighed once again before hugging her. "i'm sorry jisoo, but your parents left korea."

"what?" jisoo couldn't believe it. she felt hurt and betrayed by her parents. they abandoned her and left her alone with a secretive man.

pulling away from the hug, jisoo began to walk back to the car. "let's just go home."

hoseok followed, looking at the small house one more time before entering the car.

the ride back to the household was painfully quiet. hoseok had always loved the quiet, but this quiet annoyed him to his very last toe.

breaking it, he looked over at jisoo. "still want ice cream?"

almost as if it were a spell, jisoo's frown completely vanished and was replaced with a bright smile. "yes please."

hoseok couldn't help but smile. ruffling jisoo's hair, he commented, "you're so cute."

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════