Chapter 13

It Rhymes!

Since we were part of the cast and crew, we were already seated in a circle with Gwen and the rest of the crew. Since two casts were picked, Gwen asked Stephen and Calvin to hunt for other talented performers from the remaining crowd.

Tyler was sitting next to me. And although it didn't bother me up to this day, I couldn't sink into the fact that I might have a little chance of falling for him now that we were paired up. I just don't know what to do if that happens.

Juan, another scriptwriter whined. "We don't have an antagonist."

"I'd hate to admit it but Carly was practical for that position. I heard she doesn't know how to dance but she can sing," Angela informed. Angelo, on the other hand, rolled his eyes.

"If she only sucked up in the last meeting, then she could save herself a lot of exposure. But she chose to push Gwen's buttons, so," Angelo shrugged.

The circle became quiet. The crew seems to be lost in thought. Since we had the lead cast, Gwen and the crew have been finding the antagonist's spot for the past 30 minutes. The last people who don't have a role yet did not quite make it to the singing department. Dancing can be taught but singing needs to be with you from the day you were born.

Everyone seems deep in thought. We only had 15 minutes left before the end of the class.

All of a sudden, a flash of thunder lighted the room, taking us all in surprise. I saw some people covering their ears to brace for the sound impact of the thunder. After a few seconds, the loud boom of thunder echoed through the silent classroom. Not long, the skies became completely dark as heavy rain started pouring on the rooftop.

Gwen sighed. "Well does anyone on the crew know how to sing?"

"I'll do it," a familiar voice said, followed by a clicking of heels. Gwen was on my way so I tilted my head a little to peek at the lifesaver.

My jaw dropped at the sight of Carly walking toward us, her chin up high. She stopped in front of Gwen and sighed.

"I apologize for my behavior yesterday. It was very childish of me," she said, looking away.

"Carly and sorry?" Nel raised his eyebrows. "That's a first."

"It even rhymes!" April squeaked, earning a death glare from Carly.

"Now, can I get the part?" Carly whined.

I glared at Carly's perfect blonde hair. Even when she's trying to apologize, she was still being so rude. There is no way in hell that would Gwen let her join.

"Fine," Gwen said and announced to everyone; "We have an antagonist."

"What?!" I shrieked. "Are you seriously gonna let her join after her lame and insincere apology?!"

Gwen turned to me and rolled her eyes. "Yes because we don't have much of a choice, unfortunately."

I sighed and slumped back in my seat. Carly smirked at me and sat beside Tyler. Glaring at her, I turned my attention to the window where I saw the strong wind blowing things everywhere. It was so strong, that I kind of got scared a little. The thunder and the heavy rain weren't helping the situation either. I was starting to wonder if any of my classmates were aware of what was happening outside.

Gwen was busy collecting the papers when all of a sudden, the class speakers rang, followed by an alarming announcement.

"Dear students, due to a strong storm that will bound to arrive within this week, I advise all of you to go home immediately and stay safe. I will be closing the school until further notice. Right now, please evacuate the school."