Chapter 17

You Wish

The next morning came and to say that I was not in a good mood was an understatement. My day already got ruined the moment I slept with a heavy heart last night.

Mom didn't get to tell me what happened to Loui.

It was only 5 am but the sun was starting to fill the horizon. I stood up from my bed and snatched my phone from the bedside table. I opened it and checked my emails, social media accounts, my dial log, and my messages.

Nothing.

"Why am I bothered that I'm not receiving one text from Tyler?" I whined at myself. "That's completely normal because we don't usually hang around the house. Why am I waiting for nothing?"

I lazily walked to my cabinet and grabbed black-striped jogging pants, a white loose shirt, and a pair of white running shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought to myself; I look like bird poop.

I opened my room door quietly, in the hopes that none of them will awaken. I entered the bathroom and washed my face. Maybe it will make me a little bit human.

When I was done with my necessities in the bathroom, I put my hair in a tight ponytail, then tiptoed out of our room,  locking the door quietly after me. A morning run might ease my mind and maybe make a good fresh start to my already bad day.

Central park was only 15 minutes away so I didn't need to wake up any of them to drive me there.

When I stepped out of the penthouse, a gust of fresh and cold air hit my bare face. Since it was still too early, the busy streets were not busy at the moment. There were some people also walking around; some already carrying their suitcases for work, some looked like they were just about to come home, and others looked like me; who just want to get their heads empty and go out to run somewhere.

I took my time walking, taking in my surroundings. There were few cars passing by, the blue hue filling the atmosphere. Everything was quiet. No traffic, no busy people pushing around. Just me walking down the streets and taking everything in.

"Now this is refreshing," I said to myself as I plugged in my earphones and started playing Taylor Swift's Evermore album. I like this album, it's so peaceful and relaxing.

And very emotional. Just what I need to let all my negative emotions out.

————————————————————————------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home after some refreshing run and walk in the park, it was almost 7 am. Yes, I needed that kind of thinking. Did it help with my mood? Eh. But did it distract me? Yes!

I saw Dad cooking breakfast when I opened the door to the room. He looked in my direction warily, maybe cautious that someone else had broken in. I didn't ask for their permission that I'd go out, after all. When he saw it was just me, his features relaxed. "I thought some weird neighbor went in again."

"Again?" I asked, confused.

"There was just one time when we forgot to lock the door. But they got kicked out after knowing they stole something," he answered. I nodded as my shoulders relaxed.