Chapter 25

Wildest Dreams

"Good evening, Columbus Heights! I have a very very special guest here today. And yes, we all know who she is! She will be singing to us in her very sweet voice that sweeps us up to our feet! Ladies and Gentlemen, Kristel Merrick!" The crowd cheered once Angelo was done announcing.

The students started to circle or go in the pool, and the game of tag had stopped. Soon, everyone was waiting patiently and excitedly for me to begin. I recognize familiar faces and once I had captured their gaze, they would either wave at me or cheer for me.

Angelo and his team moved the microphone and the speakers near the pool where most of the people were gathering to witness the show. I kind of felt shy at first but then it dried down when one of the guys handed me a guitar.

"Thanks," I said. "Okay, this is quite a surprise but since Angelo was the one who requested for me to sing, I'll do it!" I said through the mic. Everyone clapped and cheered for me.

I sat down on one of the stools they provided me as I placed the mic on its stand. I positioned my hand on the guitar and found myself looking for one person.

Tyler was sitting on the edge of the pool, along with Martin and his swim mates, waiting for me to start. When I caught his gaze, he happily clapped, and so did the swimming team until everyone was clapping. I was quite happy to see Tyler starting to have friends. I smiled at him as I started the song.

"He said, 'Let's get out of this town,"

"Drive out of the city, away from the crowds."

I heard everyone cheering, making me still blush up to this point. What? I still get flattered when people cheer for my singing.

My eyes fell upon Tyler who had now had his mouth slightly open. He must have underestimated my voice. 

I looked at him. "He's so tall and handsome as hell,"

"He's so bad but he does it so well."

I saw a small smile creeping up Tyler's lips. 

"My one condition is"

"Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset, babe."

"I'll remember you forever, Kris!" one of the boys yelled, earning a deathly glare from Tyler.

I chuckled. "Say you'll see me again"

"Even if it's just in your wildest dreams." The song was now dedicated to that one boy who left me hanging when we were kids. The song was getting touchy with me so I didn't let my thoughts bother me anymore.

"I said no one has to know what we do."

I had a small smile dancing on my lips as I gazed at Tyler who also happens to know what I was thinking. Nobody in the school knew we were living together.

Our constant bicker.

"His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room."

The way he crushed my body into his to tie my bikini strap and his contagious neck kisses.

"Nothing lasts forever."

His good cooking.

"But this is getting good now."

The way his eyes flickers down to my lips was starting to make me-

fall.

Suddenly, my surroundings grew darker and everyone seem to fade out of my sight. Even Tyler was nowhere to be seen. And just standing meters away from me, was a young boy. I squinted to see him clearly and my heart froze in my chest. He was smiling at me and cheering for me.