Chapter 8

You Sing?

"What's up with the dreamy face, chica? Did you finally get to Tyler's pants?" Gwen inquired as she leaned on a locker next to mine. I quickly snapped out of my daze and thwacked her in the head using my calculus book.

"That's very disgusting and I am not interested in his pants," I replied.

"The thing inside his pants-"

"Gwen!" I shushed her. "I'm not interested."

"Mhm." She gave me a playful look.

I opened my locker, completely ignoring her when I saw what she did inside of it. She squealed excitedly and started hopping in her place.

"Do you like it? I told you you look cute together!"

I looked at my locker in horror.

In my locker were pictures of me and Tyler from the diner yesterday. He was leaning close to me and I looked like I was smiling from the other side of the table, opposite to where he sat. I didn't remember this conversation where I was smiling!

"You really did make an effort to print all of these, huh," I commented at my best friend's work.

"You're welcome!" she chirped.

"You should hide that six feet below," a familiar voice said. I slightly jumped in surprise to see Tyler standing so close behind me, looking at our pictures that were pasted all over my locker.

"I'll probably burn it," I replied, forgetting the fact that Gwen was beside me with her mouth open. Quickly, he snatched one of our printed pictures and shoved it in his pockets. Then he looked over to Gwen and gave her a nod.

"And what will you do with that?" I asked, motioning to one of the pictures he snatched.

"I'll probably throw knives at it later when you're not looking," he said, giving me an innocent face.

"Well, I have a different subject to go to. See you at lunch!" Gwen bid goodbye when she noticed our bickering. I stared at her retreating figure, agape. She usually doesn't leave me behind! We would walk together in class because her room isn't that far away from my first subject!

"I'm not done reviewing my notes, let's go," Tyler said as I plucked out the pictures that was pasted in my locker.

"Are you a nerd?" I fired.

"A hot nerd, I'll consider," he stated as he closed my locker. "Now don't waste my time, Krissy. Let's go."

It was the first time I heard my name in an odd manner but I kind of liked it as it rolled down his tongue. He was the first person to ever call me Krissy before. It sounded so feminine and cute.

I shuddered at my disgusting thoughts. If I was to describe Tyler Kinston, me, liking him was light years away.

I followed him shortly down the hallway and maintained a good distance from him so people wouldn't notice. I was okay with walking alone and I didn't want to get into drama early in the morning. I watched Tyler's back as he glided through the hallway. I saw other girls secretly checking him out and talking about how hot he was.

I rolled my eyes. I noticed that Tyler wasn't carrying anything but his biology book. The amount of confusion this testosterone is giving me is endless. I couldn't quite capture who he really is. If I have concluded one of his personalities, the next morning it would change.

We arrived at biology class and it was my first time seeing only three students in class. I'm always late so this is actually a healthy sight to see. Tyler sat on the seats in the middle and motioned me to sit next to him. When I tried to motion that I didn't want to, he threateningly said, "I'm gonna tell everybody that we're sleeping together."