Chapter 19

Bad Things

I don't know how long I was asleep, but I do know that it wasn't long enough when I heard my phone blast my ringtone from my bedside table.

I completely ignored it and continued sleeping.

Moments after, my phone started to ring again. It was getting on my nerves and I need to get some beauty sleep. I stretched my arm and grabbed my phone, I popped one eye open to mute it when I suddenly felt like my sleepiness was gone once I caught a glimpse of who was bugging me at this hour.

Tyler was calling me.

At 1 AM?

I saw he has already called me seven times but no texts were left. Before the call would go off, I answered.

"Hello?" I answered, still in a sleepy voice. "Where have you been, dumbass?"

"I know you're always looking for me, smart-mouth," he chuckled.

"Did you just call me to say that?" I said, sitting up whilst rubbing my eyes. "We can have this playful conversation tomorrow. Do you know what time it is?"

"I'm planning to be MIA tomorrow, too."

"What? Why? What have you done to the boy who comes to school before the school gates open?"

"Care to have a drink with me?" he completely ignored my question. I furrowed my brows when I didn't catch what he said.

"Huh, am I still dreaming?"

"Are your dreams usually this pleasing?"

"Not dreaming then. But I don't drink."

"Bummer, I'm outside your house. Get ready in 10. Let's have a drink in my car. I'll wait."

Before I could protest, he had already ended the call. I glared at it. Who was he to be bossing around? Plus he didn't cook me breakfast and dinner, do I owe him for this one?

I stood up anyways and brushed my teeth. I combed my hair and just threw some hoodie over my head. I was in comfy stretchable black shorts and the huge green hoodie covered my thighs. I wasn't in the slightest mood to change into sweatpants because that would be too much work. I needed to see him so I could get this over with and then go back to sleep.

When I peaked outside the window, his car was indeed parked out in the front. I also noticed Adrian's car already on the garage, so I grabbed my house keys and locked the door behind me.

The grass was slightly wet as I strolled on our lawn and to the front where his car was parked. I couldn't see him inside because his tint was too dark. But I know he was there and he was watching me.

When I came close to the passenger seat, I opened the door and was surprised to see him sitting there instead of the driver's seat.

"Hi?" I greeted when I saw him looking at me already. "You look like crap today."

"So I must look like you then," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "So, did someone drive you here?"

"No, I scooted here because I want you to drive."