Chapter 23

Lips

I was pacing in my room, panicking. Today, I am going to skip class and this morning will be the first phase of the mission. I am nervous because I get to skip one day at school and tonight is the pool party but that's not the big deal over here.

The deal is that I kind of misplaced my leather jacket!

You see, on every mission, Gwen and I should wear leather jackets and boots. Since our body shape is almost the same plus we have similar hair lengths and we have the same silhouette, it's kind of easy to escape when we're in trouble.

I cursed under my breath as I looked for the black leather jacket in my drawer again. I, Kristel Lorriane Merrick, am the neatest and most organized person on the planet but still manage to misplace that huge and big leather jacket.

"Well, it's disturbing to see you panicking, smart mouth. If you're looking for me, I'm right here," a cocky voice sounded from the doorway. I didn't dare to glance in his direction because I already knew who it was.

I rolled my eyes.

Tyler seems to notice my lack of communication, so he tried again. "Okay, what are you looking for?"

"My stupid leather jacket. I badly need it," I mumbled but I know he heard it. From the corner of my eye, I saw him shrug his shoulders and push himself from his leaning position.

"Well, if you find it, come down in a bit. Breakfast is ready," he said and walked out of the room. I snapped my head towards his direction, agape but he wasn't there in the doorway anymore.

A little help would be nice.

Minutes passed and I heard a loud roar of an engine downstairs. With curiosity, I peaked at my window and saw Gwen just arriving in front of the house.

But what caught my attention was the new big motorbike she was driving.

I quickly ran down to get a pancake from the table and was ready to sprint to the front door. I guess I'm just gonna buy a new leather jacket once we get to the mall. I'll just ignore the fact that it's going to be a freezing ride.

"That BMW S1000RR is smooth," I heard Tyler complement. "Aren't you afraid to ride on it?"

I shook my head, unable to respond to him verbally. I walked back to him. Once I get to swallow the pancake, I managed to say, "Not at all. Gwen's driving."

Tyler raised his brows and then shrugged. "You're not bi, aren't you?"

I literally choked on my pancake. Swiftly, Tyler handed me a glass of milk and I quickly grabbed it. I glared at him once I recovered.

"Why in the hell would you think that?" That was so random of him to ask such questions.

"Because it seems like you two are in a relationship or something," I heard him mumble and I rolled my eyes at him.

"1, Gwen is disgusting. 2, Gwen is my childhood bitch and the best bitch I have. 3, we love each other but no romantic feelings attached," I said, quickly eating my pancake afterward.

"Besides, I like boys," I pushed myself off the counter. "I gotta go. Don't forget to pass my papers today, okay?" As I was about to turn around when Tyler grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him, completely taking me off guard. My back is pressed against his chest and I can feel his heartbeat.