Chapter 9

Uno Card

"Alright, class," Mr. Williams called out to get our attention. "We have 1 month before your final exams, and you know what that means, right?"

I heard the class groan. "Yes, you will be presenting your first major performance task."

"And it's..." Mr.Williams held a hand up with a bowl full of rolled-up paper and twirled it using his other hand. When he was satisfied that the papers were evenly mixed, he got one out of the bowl and read it out loud.

"A musical pop - song!" he announced excitedly. Some of my classmates cheered while others let out huge breaths.

I, on the other hand, was excited about the musical and what was about to happen. I really love musical plays! A musical play was one thing that would forever entertain me. The others were already planning it on their seats while Mr. William made additional announcements.

Literature was our last subject for the day and nothing fuels me more than hearing a great announcement at the end of the period.

One main reason why I love a musical it's because there will be no classes until the play will be showed! Well, no classes during the literature period, I mean. But at least we will be playing during the time of the subject!

"You seem excited," I heard someone comment beside me. I looked over and saw Tyler smirking at me. He was slumped in his seat, clearly not listening to the further instructions of Mr.Williams.

"I am," I said. "Aren't you?" I stopped and eyed him. "Oh wait, never mind."

Tyler rolled his eyes and sat up straight only to slouch again. "You really have a bad habit of judging someone."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not feeling your energy, so you could see why I'm starting to judge you."

"I actually hate plays, but I'm not telling you your judgement is right, though," he said and I just stared at him. I was about to open my mouth to respond when I saw Gwen stand up.

"Come up here, Gwen," Mr. Williams said and my best friend went up to the front of the class and stood next to Mr.Williams. "Let me introduce you to your director."

I clapped and cheered for her loudly while the rest of the class joined me. Gwen was still new and her only friends were me, Angelo, and Tyler(?). No one knew what she was capable of. I also heard Angelo cheering for her on the other side of the room.

Gwen may look like your typical rebellious girl who seems like she doesn't know a thing, but she is hella creative. She edits movies, writes books, and yeah you guessed it; she also directs. Directs films and musical plays. I'm just here to support her.

I am just dumb and lazy with zero creativity and no song will sound good on me unless it's Taylor Swift's. I only sing her songs.

Gwen didn't waste any more time and started to pick her crew for the play. We only had 1 hour and 30 minutes for a literature class and I love how she is getting to business real quick.

Gwen picked two scriptwriters, two music directors, four-light directors, four-stage designers, two costume directors with three assistants, and a manager, and there were eight people who volunteered to be the stage crew. So far, the class was starting to see Gwen's potential because I can start to see the excitement in their eyes. Even Tyler was paying attention to them now.

Even if I was her best bitch in the world, I was not a part of the 30 crew. I wanted to become one but I remembered I had zero creativity. And with serious business involved, Gwen didn't attach her emotions to it.