Chapter 22

Can I Ask You a Question?

We were already done eating dinner and I got back to my silent mode. Not that I was getting awkward but I was practicing on what to say to Tyler about the pool party tomorrow night. I fidgeted my hands as I circled around the house, turning everything off. Tyler also seems to be quiet today. He didn't notice that I was giving him the silent treatment because he looks like he was deep in thought, too. I turned off all the lights downstairs and proceeded to go up to the balcony.

Surprisingly, I saw Tyler looking far away leaning on the handrail. He looked so deep in thought as he stared at the city lights. He looked over his shoulder to acknowledge my presence and began to look over the city without saying anything. I guess this is why Tyler didn't want me to give him the silent treatment. The silence is too loud for me to bear.

I also leaned on the handrail and stared at the view. I made sure to maintain a good distance with him, though.

"You're giving me the silent treatment now?" I asked after some time. Tyler looked at me and raised his brows.

"Does it bug you now?" he simpered. I rolled my eyes at him and let the cold wind blow in my face.

"Did something happen?" I tried again.

"Nothing much, just thinking," he said. I knitted my brows and remembered I had to ask him to go to Angelo's pool party. And I had to act nice in order to do that.

I sighed but I didn't know what to say. He seemed very dismissive whenever I ask him questions, and me- being so uninterested in him, would just let it slide. Because I didn't care.

But right now, aside from acting friendly to get him to say yes to the pool party, I was curious as to what he was thinking. Or going through at the moment. Was I being too hard on him? Did he miss home? Was Adrian's favor to look over me too much for him?

"I'm just thinking," he started as he ran a hand through his hair. I quickly looked at him, surprised to know that he could still talk.

"Can you take me to this pool party tomorrow night?" he asked, slightly shy. "I mean, you can just take me where and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night."

A wide grin spread across my face. Well, that was easy. At least my pride was protected from asking Tyler out to a party. "I would've said yes, but you could have also asked me out to that party. What a shame."

"Oh," he said, smirking. He leaned on his back and crossed his arms to face me fully. "I was being considerate seeing you hate me so much."

I also crossed my arms. "Yeah, but you don't?"

"Nah," he dismissed. "I don't hate you. But I don't exactly like you either just because you took that fine table. But if you nicely sell it to me, I might reconsider."

Not the table. I could jump here to the ground and risk my life for it.

"Look," I said. "That table means a lot to me. So I can't sell you that. But if you want tips to look for fine furniture, I'll give it you. But not that."

"Unless I see more good looking table than that, I'll probably don't like you less."

"Thanks?" I grimaced. "Well, seems like you have a lot in your mind, I'll get out of your hair."

I started walking away when he grabbed my arm. That took me by surprise by the next level because I wasn't expecting that. I looked over at him and waited until he spoke.

"Fine, can you be my date tomorrow in exchange for good furniture?" he asked, looking elsewhere but me. I smirked but that was the lamest agreement I have ever gotten myself into. But if it means to sneak into his phone, then fine.