Prologue

Somewhere in space on Yellow Diamond's ship

Yellow Diamond sat on her throne, staring out into the vast expanse of space from her window. She gently rocked her crossed leg back and forth, feeling bored out of her mind. She couldn't shake the dread she felt about the day Steven and his new organic friends managed to defeat her.

For some reason, Yellow couldn't get the thought of the bond she had forged with her Syndicate out of her head.

"They say when you work in a group, you form a bond," she thought to herself. She pulled up a Diamond-shaped picture on her gem technology computer. It was a photo of her and her evil organic team, the Syndicate. They all looked angry, with scowling eyes and crossed arms.

Yellow wondered how she could have been drawn to those male organics. "I should have killed them! They cost me my victory!" she said, getting angry and emotional.

"I hate them! But they were the only things that brought excitement to my life. Right now, the silence on my ship is painful. What's wrong with me?"

She then pulled up two pictures, one of Rose and another of Pink Diamond, right next to the photo of her and the Syndicate.

"I'm like his mother, that's the problem!" Yellow said. "And their annoying, humane statures remind me of her and her son. Except my Syndicate aren't nice at all. Steven is too nice!"

"Maybe that's why I find myself liking them more than my own nephew!" she said, pulling down both virtual pictures of Pink Diamond and Rose Quartz.

Soon, her Pearl walked into the room to deliver some news. "My Diamond..." she said, performing her routine salute.

"What is it?" Yellow Diamond asked sternly, still facing away from her Pearl, her gaze fixed on the picture.

"Your invited guest has arrived," Yellow Pearl answered.

"Send him in, and stay outside while we talk!" Yellow Diamond said, gesturing with her fingers.

"Of course, my Diamond," her Pearl replied and walked out of the room. Yellow Diamond turned to face the window, gazing at the massive red planet that lay miles away.

Soon, the sound of clacking boots filled the room as the visitor entered the office. The mechanical door closed behind him.

"My Diamond," a male voice with an accent said respectfully.

Yellow Diamond dared not turn around to face the man, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "Excuse me, but you smell like an organic," she said, on the verge of gagging.

"He must work with a lot of other humans. That's how Gideon got his smell," Yellow thought to herself. "At least Discourage doesn't have an organic scent."

"I had grown accustomed to the smells of Gideon and Ludo, but this one reeks of blood, motor oil, and guns!" She almost gagged at the strong human odors emanating from the male.

"My Diamond, you called me here?" the man asked.

"Yes, I did," Yellow said, pulling down her picture of the Syndicate and clasping her hands together.

"I've heard a lot about you. You're also the leader of a large army, an executioner of imperfection, and skilled in electrical mechanics!" she said.

"I want to invade multiple universes, capturing and isolating any heroes who could or will attempt to stop us!" Yellow Diamond got straight to the point.

"And where do I come in?" the man asked, intrigued.

"You, being organic, will play a crucial role. There are countless planets inhabited by organics that we need to invade and conquer, transforming them into kindergartens and properties of Homeworld!" Yellow said.