𝘅𝘅𝗶.

A/N; warning a homophobic slur is used in this chapter. if this causes you to feel anxious or traumatized then please just skip this chapter. stay safe xoxo.

" HOW DOES THIS LOOK? " Sadie twirled in a pink dress, that reached to her knees and had sequence around the ends. Jack watched, bored, whilst Maddie leaned forward. She analyzed the look, pursing her lips.

"It's just... the pink looks gross with your hair." She said, motioning to Sadie's red locks. Sadie nodded quickly, automatically agreeing.

"It looks great, Sadie." He muttered and Sadie shook her head with an eye roll.

"It obviously doesn't Jack." She replied and Maddie nodded along.

"Can you go grab the blue dress from my room?" Sadie asked him and Jack simply nodded with a sigh, getting up and heading up the stairs.

"So how'd it feel to have reporters on your lawn?" Maddie asked excitedly which made Sadie smirk.

"It was cool. But I need my privacy too." She explained and Maddie nodded quickly in agreement.

"We all watched your brother on tv. He looked totally crazy as hell!" She giggled as she spoke, making Sadie frown.

"Really?" The redhead questioned and Maddie nodded.

"Yeah! It was so dumb that he made up the story of meeting Finn Wolfhard. Ugh he is so pathetic. And who knew that he was a fag!" She giggled again and Jack's jaw dropped. He had walked down the stairs and heard basically everything Maddie just said. He turned quickly, rushing outside to the backyard. Both girls heard the noise and turned around themselves.

"Oh whoops do you think he heard that?" Maddie asked as Sadie rolled her eyes.

"Maddie. You're a bitch." Sadie stated, making Maddie gasp.

"What?!"

"Get out." Sadie continued, crossing her arms.

"Get the hell out!" She screamed at Maddie, who cowered and ran out the door. Sadie didn't flinch as she left, worriedly running outside to Jack.

"Jack." She said when she saw him. He didn't even turn to look at her, frowning deeply.

"Go away." He murmured and Sadie walked to his side.

"No. I actually live here." She joked but was still frowning with concern.

"Go with me to the dance." She said and Jack turned to her, confusion written all over his face.

"I thought I was pathetic and embarrassing." He mumbled and Sadie snickered softly.

"Only if you actually dance. So don't. But come with me. Lets make you beautiful enough to be my brother. Which means we won't have to change much." She said and Jack cracked a smile. Sadie rarely complimented anyone, so he knew that was her way of lifting him up.

It worked.

-

They walked towards the entrance of the school. Both feeling nervous and excited.

"You ready?" asked Sadie, who was wearing an ocean blue dress that looked like Cinderella's with shoulder dipped sleeves. The whole thing complimented her eyes. She had a blue rose flower crown on her heard and a grin on her face. She held Jack's hand tightly in her own.

"Yeah." Jack replied, who was wearing a black suit with a pink tie. His hair was naturally in curls and he wore a grin of his own. He had wanted a flower crown but Sadie refused, saying how he shouldn't try and copy her. But before they walked in, she winked at Caleb who was standing again the wall with a hat covering his head. He winked back and their plan was set in motion.

"Let's go!" She squealed and Jack tugged on her hand lightly.

"Hey Sadie, I just wanted to say that... you're a good sister. I love you." He confessed and she smiled down at him.

"I love you too, Jack. You look gorgeous by the way. Now let's go, you can meet my friends!" She dragged him into the gym and pulled him to a group of kids. There were 2 boys and 1 girl who all looked pretty nice. Jack smiled softly at them.

"Guys this is my little brother. Jack, this is Asher," As she spoke Sadie pointed to a dark haired boy with dimples,

"Dylan," she pointed to a soft chestnut haired boy who seemed sweet,

"And Cheyanne." She finally pointed to a girl with wild curls.

"Hey." Jack whispered to them, waving his hand softly.

Immediately they all started talking with him, he connected with Asher the most though. The boys were big superhero nerds. As he laughed with them Sadie sneaked off.

-

"Are you nervous?" Caleb asked while doing Finn's tie. The raven haired boy nodded quickly.

"Absolutely. This is the one crowd that I want to please the most." He whispered confidently and Caleb smiled. Finn had on a dark black suit with a red tie and currently a red flower crown on his head. Caleb had a green tie and a green flower crown. They had a small little theme going on. Tucked away in Finn's jacket was a pink flower crown, made by Finn himself. Sure, it was messy but Caleb helped him make it just good enough. Finn wanted this apology to be amazing as they were currently backstage during prom. A prom that's not even their own schools. Sadie rushed inside with them, grinning.

"I don't think we've properly met. I'm Sadie, Jack's sister." She introduced and shook Finn's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Sadie. Thanks so much for helping us with this." He said sincerely and she nodded.

"Of course. I would do anything for Caleb." She turned her eyes to the darker boy as she spoke.

"Hi." She whispered to him and he smiled back.

"Hey beautiful." He replied grabbing her hand. Finn looked between them suspiciously.

"Is this a thing?" He teased and Sadie nodded slowly.

"Yeah. Thankfully yeah. Anyways Caleb I better head back. Good luck." She said to them both as she walked back out.

"The Grazer's really are a beautiful pair huh." Finn joked, elbowing Caleb lightly. The boy blushed and shoved Finn away with a laugh. Finn looked at Caleb nervously, it was 10, which was his time. The dj stopped the music and Caleb patted Finn on the back.

"You can do this." He whispered and the pale boy nodded stepping out onto the stage.

"Hello everybody!"