𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶.

" WE SHOULD GO." Jack said quickly, backing up. Finn opened his eyes with a frown. He thought that would be the moment, their moment.

"Yeah come on." He sadly replied, as they walked off.

-

"So this is Finn Wolfhard's house!" Sadie exclaimed with a squeal and Caleb felt his head hurt. He was kind of getting tired of her love for Finn. He had a crush on Sadie but if she was still going to be obsessed with Finn, then it wouldn't work.

"This is my house too." He mumbled and then grabbed the car keys again.

"Here let me take you back home, your car's not here."

-

"We made it." Jack said sadly as they walked onto the beach. Finn looked around with a frown.

"Yeah. Look, I had a really great time today." He told Jack, grabbing the smaller boy's shoulders.

"Me too." Jack said, smiling up at Finn.

"You are so different from anyone I've ever known." Finn admitted and Jack tilted his head like a lost puppy.

"Different as in weird... annoying?" He questioned and Finn laughed, shaking his head.

"No different as in surprising. And cute. In the very best way. I mean, you say things to me that everyone else is afraid to say and you make me see things about myself that I can't see." He explained and Jack shrugged simply.

"You're actually pretty surprising too." He confessed which made Finn grin.

"Really? How?" He asked curiously and Jack giggled.

"Well for one thing, you're a terrible driver. Which is stranger for a guy with 6 cars." He said teasingly and Finn grabbed heart dramatically.

"Oh Jackie! You wound me!" He replied, making Jack giggle again.

"Do you.. uh do you really think I'm bossy?" The small boy asked, looking up into Finn's deep dark eyes. Finn looked down at this boy who has made him feel more things, in a span of two days, then he has in most of his life.

"No. You're amazing." He whispered and Jack blushed again, that beautiful shade of pink.

"I think you're amazing too." He said in a hushed voice as they both leaned in. It seemed like it would finally happen, until a surfer got out of the water beside them. Finn quickly ducked down, putting his hat on. Jack laughed lightly, confused.

"What are you doing?" He asked quickly as Finn looked around.

"That was close. Okay, back to the real world. Do you have any photos on your phone of us?" He questioned and Jack's smile faded as he realized that Finn was serious.

"No but-"

"Good. Listen, Jack, you can't tell anyone about what happened today. Not even your parents." Finn stated and Jack was even more confused.

"Why? They won't post it on their blog." He joked but Finn's face remained hard and serious.

"Jack. If we go down there and get photographed together, it will get crazy. And I won't get this movie deal." He explained but Jack was still not understanding.

"Why would it crazy?" He asked and Finn sighed loudly.

"Because I'm Finn Wolfhard and you're just an ordinary boy." He said which made Jack's face fall. The hurt was evident on the smaller boy's eyes. He just started to walk away, breezing past Finn.

"I have to go now." Jack whispered and cursed himself for the tears that had started to pool up in his eyes.

"Wait Jack! What just happened?" Finn asked nervously, turning around and lightly taking the smaller boy's hand. Jack turned back to him, with a look of disgust but Finn could see the amount of pain behind it.

"You tell me on second that I'm amazing and the next you're embarrassed to be seen with me?" He questioned and Finn frowned at the sight of a tear escaping Jack's eye. He didn't mean for this to end like this.

"Jackie, I'm not embarrassed." He mumbled but Jack seemed to already be certain about Finn. That he was an asshole who used Jack as a thing to escape boredom. That's what Jack believed now.

"Oh really? If I was Millie Bobby Brown you'd rush right down there and make sure somebody took our picture. But no. I'm just an ordinary boy."

"That's not what I meant. Look, I meant you're normal. I want you to stay that way." Finn said calmly and Jack rolled his eyes, unimpressed.

"Right. Just leave me alone." He finished, walking away from Finn again. The raven haired boy felt his heart start to ache, this can't end like this, he won't let it.

"Jack stop please." He ran forward and grabbed Jack's arm gently. The small boy let out a huff, turning back around.

"What Finn?" He asked and Finn found himself regretting this. There were so many people around, he can't kiss Jack or give him a hug. He couldn't even tell Jack that he... he loves him. Finn knew he needed Jack to hate him but he didn't want to forget the smaller boy.

"The pictures you took. Of us. I should probably keep them." Finn muttered in a broken voice. Jack let out more tears, wiping them away angrily.

"You want my camera?"

"Just in case, I wouldn't want the pictures to... you know... get out." Finn explained, hating what he was saying. Jack let out a broken sob and the noise made Finn hate himself more than ever. He was causing this, this was his fault. He can't have anything good and he didn't want the media to destroy Jack. His Jack. Finn didn't realize he had started crying as well until he felt a tear fall down his cheek.

"Fine. You want my pictures? Here. There's nothing I want to remember anyway." Jack harshly sneered, taking the camera out of his backpack and throwing it onto the ground. Finn worriedly reached down to grab it, making sure that the sand didn't get in anywhere. He wiped it off and was surprised to see Jack turn to him again.

"I need money. For a cab." The brunette stated with tear streaks streaming down his face. Finn nodded softly and reached into his pocket, taking out 500 dollars. He always kept 100 bills in his wallet just in case. He gave Jack all he had of them on hand. The small boy looked at the money then at Finn.

"Finn- I'm going back to the house not Hawaii." Jack said softly, his voice seemed just as broken as Finn's had been. The raven haired boy lightly reached out and grabbed Jack's hands.

"Just keep it. But Jack... I just don't want to say goodbye like this." He whispered and Jack let out a huff, that sounded more like a sob.

"Okay. How about this, we forget this whole day ever happened. You won't talk about me and I swear to god I won't talk about you." He replied sternly and Finn let out more tears, shaking his head. He begin to speak through his tears,

"Go ahead and judge me okay but you don't know what it'll be like. The paparazzi never go away and once they have you in their sight they won't quit until they get what they want. And when the finally get it, they'll turn it into something ugly. They'll ruin everything."

"They don't have to. You already did, Finn."