𝘅𝘃𝗶.

" DO YOU REALLY THINK I'M NOT A REAL PERSON? " Finn asked Jack after he calmed down. The boys were leaning against a tree beside a small creek. They had decided to take a break from walking to calm down.

"I think in a way, yes." Jack replied softly and Finn frowned.

"Well what if I told you something about me that no one else knew." He whispered whilst Jack shrugged.

"You collect your toenails in peanut butter?" He asked playfully and Finn rolled his eyes.

"No you dick." He teased and tickled Jack lightly, making the other boy practically snort from laughter.

"Okay then tell me!" Jack laughed out and Finn smiled down at him.

"On the first day I met you," He stood up as he spoke,

"I just- Woah!" Finn yelled out as he fell into the water. Jack stood up worriedly, leaning over where Finn fell.

"Finn?!" He shouted nervously and felt a hand reach out, grabbing his arm and pulling him into the water. Finn laughed loudly as Jack emerged from the water.

"Finn! I can't swim!" Jack cried out and Finn's smile dropped and he rushed over. Jack took the opportunity to grab Finn's shoulders and dunk him in the water. Once he came back up, Finn saw Jack giggling.

"Oh you are evil!" Finn said fondly and splashed him. Jack splashed him back and both boy started cracking up.

-

"Woah so this is Finn's car?" Sadie asked as Caleb drove her back to Finn's house to return the car and get her own.

"Yeah. It's cool isn't it! He lets me drive it whenever." He bragged and Sadie beamed.

"That's so cool!"

-

Finn and Jack were back by the tree, huddled together. Finn had his head in Jack's lap and Jack ran his hands through Finn's hair with ease.

"This is nice isn't it." Jack whispered and gently twirled one of Finn's curls around his finger. Finn tried not to sigh out of contentment.

"I wish I could stay here forever. Just you and me, nobody else." He replied and Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" He curiously asked, making Finn frown.

"They all want something from me. It's like you said. They want performance, interviews, photographs." He shrugged as he spoke and Jack started to trace his freckles.

"Even your parents?" The small boy asked and Finn bit his lip.

"That's complicated. Well sometimes they only care about the 'business' of Finn Wolfhard." He explained and Jack frowned as well.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled to which Finn just sighed.

"I don't know. I just feel like all we talk about right now is this big movie deal. They think it's my next big career move. So."

"Well what do you think?" Jack asked him and Finn thought for a moment.

"I'm thinking if I get the offer I have to take it." He answered, Jack shook his head while tracing Finn's jawline.

"What about your band's tour?" He questioned and Finn furrowed his eyebrows.

"What about it?" He asked Jack, looking up at him.

"Well, 30 countries. 12 weeks. 1 million screaming fans. I mean I'm not an expert or anything but it seems like a lot. The tour, the movie at the same time." The small boy explained and Finn sat up then stood up.

"I don't have a choice." He said softly and Jack stood up as well.

"Everyone has a choice. What do you want to do?" The brunette asked him and Finn realized that he hardly ever got asked that question.

"Well I know what I don't want to do. I don't want to disappoint anybody, especially my fans. I wouldn't be where I am without them so... I just never say no. I never even say anything." He said slowly and Jack looked down in realization.

"Maybe I don't understand." He muttered and Finn looked at him abruptly.

"What?"

"Your life I mean. It's so different from mine. Everything you do and say is public." Jack whispered as he raised his head to meet eyes with Finn.

"Not everything," Finn began and grabbed Jack's hands,

"Right now, here with you. I feel like I can just be myself... not Finn Wolfhard. Not famous. Just me." He finished softly and Jack squeezed his hands.

"How do you like it?" He asked Finn and the raven haired boy didn't hesitate to answer.

"I like it a lot." He mumbled, leaning forward.

"Me too." Jack whispered, leaning in as well. Finn stopped though, backing up with a cough.

"Tell me something about you?" He asked and Jack cracked a small smile.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"That could take a while. I have a very exciting life. Can- you're doing it again." Jack blushed as he spoke and Finn realized he had been admiring Jack's tan face, freckles like constellations and plum lips.

"Doing what?" Finn playfully asked and Jack rolled his eyes.

"The thing with your eyes." He answered back and Finn crossed his eyes playfully.

"You mean this?" He asked and Jack let out a giggle.

"Oh haha. Comedy will not your next big career move huh." He teased and Finn pretended to be offended with a gasp.

"What! I'm hilarious."

"Hilarious looking."

"Pfft you like me."

"You wish." Jack finished and lightly punched Finn's arm. Finn smiled down at him and Jack looked up to meet his eyes again.

They leaned forward, Finn shutting his eyes.