26

rapunzel . november 10, 2018

"You seem upset, what's wrong?" Colin asked me.

I sat down in the both across from him and got myself together. "Aladdin's mad at me because I told him I was getting something to eat with you."

Colin frowned.

"Is it me?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if we were talking, would you be upset at me for getting breakfast with him?"

Colin thought for a moment. "No, because I'd trust whoever I'm in a relationship with. But Aladdin has jealousy problems and he... um... he's very overprotective of the ones he loves."

"How do I get him to trust me, though?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."

Brendan came around. "Oh hey, Rapunzel! Hey Colin."

I smiled softly.

"Can I start you guys off with drinks?" he asked.

"Sweet tea," I told him.

"Dr. Pepper," Colin said.

"Are you ready to order or do you need a few minutes?" Brendan asked, glancing at me.

"We're ready," I told him. "I'd like the Original Breakfast Feast. I like my bacon with fat on it and can I get extra hash browns?"

Brendan nodded. "For you?" He looked at Colin.

"I'd like the Southern Styled Chicken. For my sides, I would like broccoli, well done, and a loaded baked potato. I want cheese, bacon, sour cream, butter, and chives."

"Alright I'll have those out for you shortly." Brendan walked away and tended to another table.

"So, when do you plan on meeting Aladdin?" Colin asked.

As I grabbed a roll of buttered bread, I shrugged. "My dad said that if our relationship continues, I should invite him to the Winger Formal. I don't even wanna go, though."

"Why not?" he asked and frowned.

"Uh, dances aren't my thing. I've never really had any friends to go with or a boyfriend to dance with."

"Oh. Well when it's comes up, you should totally invite me too!" Colin said and smiled. "I've never been to a school dance before."