14

rapunzel . november 8, 2019

"Rapunzel," someone called.

I turned around to see one of the kids I had to chase. I think he was a junior, though.

"Hey, I'm Brendan. I'm sorry about the other day."

"It's okay," I said and plastered a fake smile on my face.

He smiled back. "Yea, so there's a tomorrow. Wanna come? I'm sure your boyfriend won't mind."

I didn't correct him when he said boyfriend. Everyone knows I've been talking to him, so maybe letting everyone think we're dating might give me some protection?

"Okay, I'll come."

He grinned. "That's great. I'll see you then," he told me and winked.

I hope I'm not doing something bad. It's okay if you're talking to someone and another guy invites you to a party, right?

I smiled to myself as I walked towards my first class.

For the rest of the day, I was thinking about that guy, Brennan. I was literally just invited to a party and he actually winked at me.

Does he think I'm cute?

Lol, come on, Rapunzel. You'll never be cute.

I frowned at the voice in my head.

Besides, you're talking to Aladdin, right?

I nodded slightly.

I don't think he'll like to hear you went to a party because some boy invited you.

I rolled my eyes. "Well Aladdin isn't here, so I'm going to live freely. Besides, it's not like I'm going to get raped or cheat on him. We're not even together!" I whispered to myself as I entered the bathroom.