Chapter 13: Dreamer

I chuckled as Lauren walks into the room. I stared at the picture of Camila kissing some guy at a night club. "What you're laughing at?"

"Camila being a little slut" I showed her the picture, she didn't find it amusing at all. She kinda looked pissed off. "Why do you think this is funny your best friends an asshole" she hands me the hot chocolate. "I know you don't agree with Camila ways but that's how she grew up learning. Her mom used to marry old men for their money and taught Camila to the same."

"What she's doing is trying to break his heart. What if he finds out, be honest with me has she ever been heartbroken before?" I shrugged "I guess not, she doesn't let herself fall in love with anyone" she scoffs "of course she didn't. You know she deserves to get hurt"

I furrowed my eyebrows placing my phone down as I stared at Lauren in disbelief. "I know you aren't fond of my friends but don't ever say that to me again. I get it you don't like their lifestyle and I understand that you were raised differently. But you out of all people shouldn't be judging....after all you are a fucking murder! You kill innocent people for no reason at all.

What Camila is doing is nowhere near as worse as what you're doing" She clenches her jaw. "I punish people who do these types of things, who breaks people hearts for the fun of it I don't like seeing it"

"AND YOU THINK I LIKE SEEING AND KNOWING THAT YOU KILL PEOPLE?!" She didn't reply back. "I've kept my mouth shut, I tried to convince myself that what you're doing it none of my business. And that if I don't help you with any of it I'll still be the good guy" she walks closer to me "What are you trying to say?"

I shrugged "I think that maybe we should get a divorce"

"No"

"No?"

"We aren't breaking up I love you" I nodded "I just think that we should see other people. You should definitely go see a therapist or something, get some help. I'm going to stay with my mom" I crawl out of bed.

"No, you're not"

"Lauren I know this might be hard but I think it's for the best-"

"I SAID NO YOU'RE NOT!" She grabs me by my neck pulling me back to the bed. "Lauren get off of me-" I gasp as I fell on the bed and her hands tighten around my neck. "If I can't see you....no one else can" her face grew red as I struggled to claw her hands around my neck.

_____

I gasped sitting up holding my hands around my neck. I look next to me to see Lauren was laying there sleeping. I got out of bed and ran out of the room. I sat down on the stool and put my head on in my hands.

I can't do this anymore.

She kills people for a living I can't do this. I quickly wiped the tears away as I heard footsteps coming downstairs. "Baby?" I looked away from her. "What are you doing down here are you ok?" Clearing my throat I slowly nodded "yeah...I uh just came down for some water" I stood up and grabbed a cup pouring some water from the faucet.

"Were you crying?" She walks over to me, I shook my head and was going to say no until she cups my face making me look at her. "What's wrong?" I pulled my face from her hands, and back up placing both my hands on the sink to hold me.

"Nothing it's nothing serious"

"Tell me" I looked down at my feet "Now that I know that you kill- what you do for a living I-I can't seem to get used to it. I tried everything I just hate that you do this to innocent people and I tried to support you, I tried to ignore it but this is just much. And I hate to say it but I'm scared that one day you'll turn on me and do the same as you did to all those innocents girls" more tears start to fall from my face. "Baby I would never"

"Everyday now I have to see one of your Victims come to my school to drop off her kid....she's blind for Christ sake Lauren I can't do th-"

"What?" She furrows her eyebrows "what?"

"One of my victims?" My mouth went dry I quickly looked away from her. "Who y/n?!"

"Monique her daughter is in my class, she drops her off every day"

"And you waited now to tell me?" I Clench my jaw. "You know what? Yes, I did, you're going to do nothing but hurt her and I'm not allowing it. You need to change your ways, Lauren! This lifestyle is unhealthy for you and is unhealthy for me! And I refuse to live with someone who thinks murdering people is ok!" She Clenches her jaw, she was about to walk away but I grabbed her arm.

"If you hurt her, or anyone else I will leave you" her eyes widen "y/n-"

"I want you to get help, I want you to change, please just do it for me please!" She stared at me as I cupped her face. "I love you with all of my heart, but I refuse to live in this condition. I want to be a normal family, and most definitely want to start one. And you doing this getting in the way. If I can't have what I want in a family with you then I'll do it with someone else-"

"Ok just stop it!" She raises her voice a little. "I'll stop" I sighed in relief "and you'll get help?"

"I'll get help" I smiled at her "and you won't go where near Monique"

"I promise" I press my lips to hers. "Thank you" she wraps her arms around me nuzzling her face into the crook my neck. "Thank you".........

Don't forget to check my new book In You I Trust (Normani/You)

And follow my Instagram for updates and fun games

@eclipse.jauregui