Chapter 10: We're Meant For Each Other

"I just don't understand him....he wants too much from me" Camila huffs. "He wants kids Camila, what did you expect he would want after marriage?" She scoffs "HES 61! WHY DO HE WANT KIDS?! HES SO OLD!" She complains I rolled my eyes at the girl.

"Why won't you just leave him? If you hate him so much?" Lauren asks walking in our room. She had night shorts on and a tank top.

"Lauren why would you ask that stupid question...you already know the answer" I stared at Lauren who looks at the both of us. "Camila when are you leaving?"

"Oh I'm sleeping over"

"In our bed?"

"Well duh, but come on in. There's enough room for all 3 of us" Lauren huffs crawling in the bed. "Yay sleep over"

I chuckled "yay" Lauren says sarcastically.

I woke up around 3 in the morning. Camila leg was laying on top of me and her face was extremely close to mines. I huffed as she snores loudly in my ear. "Lauren?" I whispered. I didn't get any reply. I slowly pushed Camila away from me I looked to see that she's not in the bed.

I quickly got out the bed. And jogged down stairs. The shed light was on outside. "No! No! No! No"

Not when Camila is here, what the hell is her problem!

I quickly ran outside to the shed. "Lauren stop!" I ran inside but didn't see her. "Lauren!" I ran down the stairs connected to the shed to see a girl on the ground, blood everywhere.

"LAUREN WHAT THE HELL?!?" she turns to me slowly. I covered my mouth with my hands as she showed me the heart in her hands.

"Did you know it takes 4 hours for a heart to stop beating?" she asks as if she didn't just kill a girl. "Lauren-"

"The heart beats 100,000 times a day, which means it beats over 3 billion times in a life time" she places the heart in a jar next to the girl. "Takes this to the basement will you. And put it in the refrigerator" she steps closer to me as I backed up. "No"

"Excuse me?"

"I said I wanted nothing to do with this"

"You know too much, you seen too much you've always been apart of this"

"My best friend is upstairs sleeping and you decided that tonight would be a goodnight to kill? What if she would've came down here?! What would you do?!"

"Do you really want to know the answer to that?" She raises her eyebrows. She hands me the jar that was now covered with blood. "Here's the key" she hands me the key. I stared down at it.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I walked away from her. "Don't let Camila see you, and come back here when you're done"

I didn't answer I just walked quickly back to our house. I ran to the basement door, I placed the jar on the floor and unlocked the door. I grabbed the jar and walked down the stairs slowly.

There stood the freezer that I didn't know about. I open it and looked down to see a bunch of jars of just hearts. I quickly placed the jar down and turned my head vomiting on the floor. I closed the freezer and ran out the basement slamming the door shut. I leaned my head on the door trying to not have a panic attack.

"Y/n?" I looked over to see Camila. "Mila What are you doing up?"

"I noticed the bed was empty is everything ok?"

I hid my hands behind my back that had traces of blood on them. "Yeah um, Lauren having family issues so we're going to get mom place but we'll be back ok? Go back to sleep" she nods going back up the stairs. Once I heard the door shut I went outside and back to the shed.

Lauren pulled the girl up the stairs. "Help me"

I stared at them. "What are you doing? help me!"

"I can't!" I cried she drops the girls arms "y/n"

"No! I can't touch a dead body! I can't do it. I can't even see a heart without vomiting! Oh my god Lauren please don't make me" she looks at me with concern written in her eyes.

She cups my face. Wiping the tears from my eyes. "Stop crying....I know this is different, and I know this is the last thing you want to do. But if you don't help me there will be a risk that I'll get caught. She's been in here for 2 days. Amber Alert went out everywhere. And the police are all out. I need you to help me get her in the car and drive for me"

"But Lauren-"

"Please....I'll make it up to you ok? Tomorrow I'll take you out, everything is on me" She makes me look at her by placing her forehead on my mines. "Please do this for me"

I nodded "ok" She pecks my lips before pulling away and grabbing the girl "grab her feet"  I did as told.

We quietly but quickly pulled her out the the shed lifting her up we made it to the car. Lauren quickly pops the trunk. I helped her put the girl in the trunk.

Before I could get in the car Lauren stops me. She grabs a water ball and pours it on her hands along with mines. She then wipes the blood that smeared on my face with a wet cloth.

"Let's do this"

I got into the car along with her. Pulling out the drive way she gave me directions.

There's a girl in our trunk. There's a girl in our trunk. There's a fucking girl in our fucking trunk.

"What have I become?" I say out loud. "Helping a serial killer"

"Hey don't do this" Lauren says. "You got to stop this. You got to stop this madness Lauren. Killing innocent people is not the way. Whatever you're going through I can help you"

"Julia Williams is her name" she says ignoring me. "I went to school with her back in high school. Never liked her she was everything I was not. She was pretty, she had such beautiful hair, all the guys liked her, and all the girls wanted to be her. I never talked to her but she wanted to make my life a living hell. Bullied me in high school. And dated my brother so she was around me all the time.

You know me I'm not the girl who lets others boss her around.  But I let her pass because she was dating my brother and I didn't want to bitch because he truly liked her. But then they got married, they have 2 kids together and I thought that they were happy. But then I saw her on another guy. And she got away with a lot of things. But cheating is one thing I won't let slide"

She glances at me. "Have you ever wanted someone out of your life somebody so badly that you'll do anything to get them away?"

"No"

"Really?"

We stopped at a stop light. "I'm not you Lauren...I don't go and kill people because I don't like them....I'm a good person" my voice cracked. "I'm a good person" I say more like trying to convince myself.

"I know you are" She moves my hair from my face. "And that's what I like about you....you're like the angel and I'm the demon" she chuckles "we're different but yet so alike, we're meant for each other"...........