The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I speak over the laughter, "but it looks new, so what does it matter?" Louis laughs quietly, trying to cup his mouth. To this day, his smile only shines brighter than before, and he still takes my breath away.

"Stop teasing your daddy, kids, give him a break," Louis says, looking over at me, still laughing. Eva giggles softly along with William, until I call them over, signalling them with my index to come over to me. They both stand up off their little feet, running to me, both their hands behind their back.

"Yes daddy," they both say simultaneously, with their chins up, smiling from ear to ear.

"You know what to do, right?" I ask them. They both nod their heads, then run outside, calling Louis to go after them. Louis rolls his eyes and hurries out after them, oblivious of what they're doing.

With Louis out of the house, I take advantage of the time, standing to my feet in front of everyone. All of them look up, smiles cover their faces as if they knew what my intentions were, which I'm pretty sure they do. I know for a fact Niall and Zayn have been in on all of this, after all they were the ones who I told the surprise to first, and they honestly couldn't be more relieved.

Taking one deep breath in, hurrying up to give the speech I have to to them, I clear my throat once before speaking. "First of all, I want to thank everyone who attended today. I can't thank you enough for making it to Eva's birthday party, she turned five just in case you didn't pick up on the huge number '5' on the cake. But, I also want to say that seeing all of you guys here after years made me realize two things. One, I should've made more friends in high school, at least ones that weren't a threat to me being a good person or my relationship," laughs fill the living room once more, "Two, it made me realize that if it wasn't for all of you guys, I wouldn't be where I am today and I certainly wouldn't have the family I have now, so thanks for that too. I believe everything happens for a reason, good and bad, and this proves it. Umm, I should be thanking everyone individually but I don't think Louis will be out of the house for long, if lucky I only have five minutes. In the meantime I will thank Niall for being my wing man for all these years, thanks." Niall tilts his head down, the glass of wine in his hand. "Zayn, though we might have not had the best step-brother relationship out there at the beginning, I'm glad we met amends and you're the best step-brother I could ever imagine having." Zayns smiles and mouths "me too" once I thank him. "Angie, if it weren't for you, Louis and I wouldn't have Eva and William today, so thank you for giving us that opportunity. Mum, thank you for raising me to be the man I am today. Johannah, Thomas, thank you for having and raising the man I'm I've been in love with for so many years, and years to come. Without your consent, Johannah and Thomas, this wouldn't be happening, thank you." Tears roll down Johannah's face, Thomas reaches to hold her closer, both of them thank me as well. "Now, if it isn't obvious, I'm about to do something I've been wanting to do for such a long time. That's part of the reason why you guys are also here, so I couldn't be happier that you could all make it."

Niall and Zayn walk over to me, each of them on either side of me. "Finally," whispers Niall, patting my back, his other hand still holding the glass of wine.

"Are you ready?" Zayn asks, looking over at me. His smile becoming a sense of relaxation.

From the corner of my eye, I see Louis walking back inside the house, holding Alex and Eva by their hands. Gulping, I take a deep breath in and say, "As ready as I'll ever be." Niall and Zayn leave my side, walking back over to their finacé and wife, leaving me standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by everyone who's about to witness one of the best moment of my life.

Louis talks as he walks in with the kids, "Kids are a handful these-"

"Louis," I interrupt him, stopping him from talking when he looks up at me. He looks around, staring at everyone in the room with watery eyes.