Chapter 28

*Harry's POV*

My gut feeling proves me right when I see Louis. He's being followed by a group but I can't see who? I skid on the road when I hit the brake.

"Get in!" I call out to him. He looks relieved but scared when he sees me. At first he hesitates to get in but he does.

"This isn't it Styles!" We both here when I drive off. I know who it is, if he ever tries to lay a hand on Louis I swear I'll loose my shit and I swear I'll kill him.

Louis turns to me and I do my best at avoiding to look at him. 

"Did they hurt you?" I ask trying to keep his mind from thinking other things.

"No. Are you ok?" He asks. Why should he be asking me? I look up at the rear view mirror, my eyes are red and swollen from my crying just a few minutes ago. I was about to loose it even more if I didn't find Louis. 

"Don't worry about me," I reply. I reach my hand over to his and jerk it back. "you're freezing cold!" Spending hours outside in this coldness is like hell. He's sure to get sick sooner or later. I pull over on the side of the road and slip out of my coat, he needs it more than I do. "Put it on." He does as I say and go on my way to his house.

"I'm sorry Louis I didn't remember, my mum called me down straits. I didn't know what it was for but it's actually great news! Not that it's any excuse for me to forget about you, I just got distracted that's all. They're actually going to enroll me back into school. My mum said that I had to write some dumb ass letter and I did, I took some of your advice from earlier and applied it to it. I didn't think Niall was serious about the whole thing earlier today, well yesterday, considering that it's after midnight already. Anyway I wrote the letter, it took a lot of time, all the time you were wondering the streets. When I finished my mum got a call from your mum and I knew right then and there it was about you. I rushed back to my room and called for you but you weren't there and then I tried calling your phone, but it was on the floor and you had left it behind. I probably would have found you earlier if it wasn't for my mum parking the car in the garage which was dumb of her. I'm really sorry Lou, I fucked up I know. Every time I try to do something right, it all fucks up later. All that happened and it got in between and that's why I forgot. I spent about an hour looking for you and-, Louis are you listening?" I turn to look at him and find out he wasn't even paying attention to my apology or my explanation. He does turn to face me, his eyes are focused on the blue and red lights that shine from the top of the houses. We get closer to his house and the cops are parked outside of it. 

"Look." He points to the obvious sight in front of us. "What are the cops doing outside my house?" He asks with widened eyes, god his eyes beautiful. I look away, I don't want him to get upset for what I did. I had no choice. He asks again but I don't answer. 

"You called them didn't you?" Louis' voice cracking at the end. I had no choice, I was going mad trying to find him and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to him. The cops obviously weren't much help since I was the one who ended up finding him. 

"I had no choice Louis. It was half an hour into searching for you, I was giving up and I didn't want to think the things that could have been happening to you at the moment. Look if your mum is upset I'll take the blame, either way it's my fault." I rub my knuckles with my hand.

"Let's just go. I don't need my mum to become even more worried than she already is." Louis steps out of the car and I follow behind him. 

We get to the door of his house and his mum is standing there being interrogated by the officers. Her cheeks are wet from her crying and hands are trembling. It's all my fault. Louis runs to her and she waits there with open arms. When she sees him, she starts to cry even harder. The officers look at each other and nod, giving themselves a signal that it's a closed case. They walk past me and giving me a smile.