Chapter 38

{WARNING: Mature sexual content. Discretion is advised.}

*Louis' POV*

I'm awakened yet again by the sound of my phone ringing on the side table of my bed. I roll over on my back to answer it.

"Hello?" My voice deeper than usual due to the sleep.

"Hey! It's Niall just wanted to wish you a Happy birthday. Hope to see you lat- soon."

"Thanks. See ya soon." With that I hang up the call. Looking back at it I realise it was pretty rude but I'm just not in the mood for any of that. It's my birthday and it sould be doing what I want, that being sleep.  

I scratch the back of my head and look at the time on my phone, 7:00 p.m. Shit! It's already late, with no hesitation I unlock my phone and scroll down the texts. They all read Happy Birthday, some from the kids at school and others from family members. Harry's text is the one I stop on, pressing on it to open it. 

"So are you still up for tonight? Text me back when you're ready." 

Well here it goes. I stand up from the bed and walk over to my dresser, picking out a plain white tee and a black jacket to go along with it. It hasn't snowed in two days so the weather is fair enough for that.. Soon enough I get into the shower and stand in there for about half an hour letting the warm water cascade down my body and go through thoughts of what might happen tonight. It's not long before I get out and I'm all dressed, slipping my white and black vans on. Waking up earlier would've been great. 

"I'm ready."

I text Harry, hearing my mum knock on the door at the same time. Shit.

I'm quick to jump back into bed and cover myself with the sheets. She doesn't and can't know about my plans for tonight, she'd kill me if she knew

"What mum!" I practically yell in annoyance.

"I'm going out with Anne tonight. I'll be back by midnight. Don't have too much fun! There's food on the stove in case you get hungry." She says from the other side of the door, not coming inside thankfully. I wait to hear her close the door and lock it before I step out of the room.

What if I don't make it back in time? My subconscious reminds me. I step back into my room and lock the door. I look around for any blankets of some sort and place them under the sheets to give the illusion I'm actually there sleeping. I stride to the window and open it climbing out from it. I leave a little open just enough for me to open it when I get back. I stand on top of the roof and look for a way down. The only way down is by sliding down the water gutter, so I do just that. Once I'm close enough to the ground I jump.

I look at my phone and it's almost nine thirty. It's pretty dark outside but not that cold. I turn the corner of the house and see two bright head lights pulling along side the driveway. Harry.

I rush over to his car and get inside, hoping none of the neighbours see anything.

"Happy Birthday Lou!" Harry says as soon as I strap myself into the seat. His hear is a bit messy and he's finally wearing some colour. The blue flannel with the white tee really suits him, and as always his black fades ripped jeans never fail to impress.

"Thanks. So where are we headed to?" I ask.

"Umm you just have to wait and see." He smirks and begins to drive wherever he's taking me.

"So what are you going to do on the few weeks that we have of break?" I ask.

"Nothing, just sit back and let the time pass. What about you, Any plans?" He focuses on the road ahead of him, not turning to look at me.