Chapter 96

*Louis' POV*

"Louis," he hiccups shortly after saying my name, "It's hard letting go of my past, I was finally at peace because I was with you but it felt wrong all at the same time. I wasn't being truthful to you." He's drunk, all of his words are unclear but I'm able to make out what he's saying. "And I'm sorry."

"It's okay Har-"

"No! It's not okay! You're just saying that to try to make me feel better! It's not working!" He yells. He's way past drunk. My hand reaches for his but he flinches, moving his back. "No Louis, we started this relationship with lies and I don't want that." Is he really saying this?

"What are you trying to say Harry?" I stutter when saying the words. He doesn't know what he's saying.

"We need to break up."

He's drunk, he has no say in this. It's the alcohol talking not him. I begin to remind myself.

"You're drunk Harry, you don't mean that." I take a step closer to him, his face only inches from mine.

His dilated, glossy eyes stare directly at me. He takes one step closer, our nose nearly touching. His breathing is calm now but he's not done speaking. "I mean it." And at this moment I can feel my world crumbling underneath me.

He doesn't mean it, he's drunk. Yeah, that's it. He's drunk. He doesn't know what he's saying, even if he says he means it.

"Harry, you should just sleep this off." I beg. I'm trying to fight the tears but I don't think I'll be able to.

"You think I don't mean this, do you?" He takes a step back, moving away from me. Our bodies no longer close to eachother.

"Yes."

"You think I'll sleep it off and I won't remember any of this in the morning. That I was only drunk and that triggered me to break up with you. You're wrong Louis, I mean it and I'm sorry." His features soften, his brows aren't meeting in the middle anymore. The creases on his forehead begin to smooth out and his voice is calm now. He means it.

"What did I do?" I need an answer why he's breaking up with me after all. Nothing makes sense. I came over here thinking about how I was going to tell him that I forgive him and this happens?

"Fall in love with a stupid asshole who can't let go of his past. That's what." He's completely out of his mind. What the hell is he thinking?

He walks over to his bag full of his belongings, all packed up. He's leaving?

I stand corrected when he throws the bag over his shoulder. How can he do this? It's like I walked into the wrong place. This isn't Harry, this isn't real. It's like I'm in a nightmare but I can't wake up. He can't leave, not like this.

He gathers up the rest of his belongings, checking his phone after he does. The wine causes him to loose some of his balance, making him sway side to side when he walks over to the door. No words come out of his mouth, not one. He grabs the door knob, twisting it slowly to make his way out. I take a step towards where he's at but the distance is too far.

"I fell in love with a stupid asshole to try to help him fix his past and he won't let me do that!" I yell at him to stop him from leaving. His hands still hold the door knob when he turns his head slightly to look over at me. Still no words. He takes one last look at me over his shoulder then closes the door behind him, leaving.

"Harry!" I yell again, this time running to follow him. It's completely dark outside and I bet he doesn't even know where he's going. He doesn't have enough money to rent a room here right now.