Chapter 46

{So while writing this I was listening to "Say Something by A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera & I figured you guys would want to hear it while reading this, hope I don't make you guys cry 😉}

*Harry's POV*

Temptation gets the best of me as I stride over to pick it up. A text from someone by the name of Noah?

Maybe we can go back to where we left off? I love you Louis, don't forget that.

My heart drops. Anger quickly takes over me. Just as I finish reading the text, Louis steps out of the steaming hot bathroom. I turn around to face him. The smile on his face dissolves when he looks down at my hand that's holding on to his phone. He takes a step forward, I can see his hands trembling.

"Harry, give me the phone." He whispers from across the room, stretching his arm out with his palm facing upward. When he sees I'm not giving him the phone he runs towards me in an attempt to grab it. I take advantage of his height and raise my arm above my head with no way he can reach the phone. He finally gives in and sits at the edge of his bed, resting his head in between his arms.

"Who the fuck is Noah?"

"No one." He quietly answers. He's fucking lying.

"You obviously do know who he is, given the fact that he loves you." My heart aches at the words coming out of my mouth. No one can love him as much as I can, no one. Him loving someone else more than he loves me is something I don't want to hear.

"You don't have to worry about it Harry. It's no one." The tension in the room seems heavier by the minute. Louis won't even look me straight in the eyes. I walk to him, waving the phone in front of his face.

"Who the fuck is he? You have five seconds to tell me who he is, or I'm leaving." I threaten him. I fight the urge to slam my fists on to the walls, but I know better than to destory a house that isn't mine. I count five seconds in my head, slow seconds. Still no word from Louis. I clench my jaw and pick up my clothes from the ground. I can hear Louis take a deep sigh before speaking behind me.

"Don't go." He pleads. I turn around with my clothes still in my hands, his eyes are glossy. I place the clothes back on top of the dresser. I take a deep breath before sitting down next to Louis.

"You weren't supposed to find out." His voice is low.

"I know that now," reality hits me, "you fucking played me didn't you?" I raise my voice, standing up from the bed. Louis frantcially shakes his head and grabs my hand pulling me down. I jerk my hand away from his. I stay standing, waiting for Louis to go on.

"Noah is, he's the one I told you about. The reason why I moved back here. He's the one that started the rumours the first person I ever loved and thought he loved me. Now I guess I was right the whole time." I try to fight back the tears, first person I ever loved? What the fuck does this mean?

"Why the fuck did you start talking to him while you're with me?" I keep my voice down, in an attempt to not wake his mum up.

"He's the one that started it. We just needed to clear some stuff up." I quickly look back at the phone and scroll through the old texts between the two. I stop once I see a part of the conversation I was scared of,

So you're going to think about it? -Noah

Yeah, give me some time for it. I would have to work through some things.

Right, I miss you. -Noah

I miss you too.

"What the fuck is this? If you miss him so much why don't you go with him!" He begins to cry. He stands up from the bed pacing his way to me, when he does I step back. He shakes his head.

"Harry just let me finish." He begs. I don't think I want to hear more but I have to.

"Fuck. Fine." He stays standing in the middle of the room in only his sweatpants. He slouches his arms.

"I don't know how he even got my number but we started talking and he finally opened up to me. Those messages are from when I was with Lily. I was so pissed off about what happened between us. I figured that you actually didn't want anything to do with me so that's why I said what I said to him. If I could take it back then I would." His cheeks are wet, there are small tear drops streaming down from his chin to his neck. I've never seen him cry this much? I point to the bed, telling him to sit down. I follow him taking a seat next to him. He covers his face with his hands, sobbing.

"Why did you keep texting him? While you're with me?"

"I just wanted to get it out of him. I wanted to prove myself right and throw it in his face. If anything I was playing him not you." How did we go from having sex to this?

"Now that you know he loves you, do you still love him?" My voice cracking at the end. He turns no face me, removing his hands from his face.

"No! You're supposed to know the answer to that. I love you Harry, no one could ever change that anymore." He stares deeply into my eyes, meaning every word he says. Anger no longer washes through me, relief does. I know the right thing to say now is to tell him I love him, but I decide against it. As much as I want to tell him I love him, I won't.

"Are you going to stop texting him?"

"If you want me to."

"I do."

"Ok."

I hand him his phone and stand back up from the bed. Louis wipes the tears from his face and follows my every move with his eyes.

I grab my clothes, putting them back on one by one.

"Are you leaving?" Louis asks. I'm not going to stay here, not after this.

"Yeah." I say as I open the window, climbing out of it. Louis rushes over to kiss me but I turn my head, dodging it. He bites down on his trembling lip.

...

I get to my car and let it all out.

First person I ever loved
His voice plays back in my head. He's the first person I ever loved, but I wasn't his.
I hit the steering while with my hands and pull at my hair, tears stream down my face uncontrollably. Once I've finally controlled myself I take my phone. The message I sent from Louis' phone appears. I was able to forward "Noah's" number to my phone while I went through the old texts on his phone. I don't think twice before texting Noah...

Hey, it's Louis. Sorry I couldn't answer earlier. I got a new number, text me on here from now on. So when can I see you?

{Please vote and comment 💕 Thank you for 50K reads! Love you all😊}