213

When Yun Miao said that, Yang Chen, Hui Lin, and Lin Zhiguo were all mindblown.

The mood in the tent immediately froze over, nobody spoke.

After some time passed, Yang Chen was the first to return to his senses. He rubbed his forehead, and questioned the authenticity of what was said, “Abbess, cold jokes aren’t pulled off like that, your joke wasn’t funny at all.”

Yun Miao said with a straight face, “Do I look like I’m joking?”

“Yun-er, I’ve already told you that Yang Chen is married to Ruoxi!” Lin Zhiguo retorted.

Yun Miao had an insincere smile as she said, “So what if they’re married? It’s just a piece of paper. They are together only because that girl forced her way through following what her grandmother taught her, and followed the Lin Family’s rules. A marriage like theirs simply has no prior feelings or love in it.”

Hui Lin was panicking to the point that her face was completely red. She stared at Yang Chen in embarrassment, then pleaded with Abbess Yun Miao, “Grandma, how can you be like this? He’s already married, how can I be married to him! Furthermore, this is the first time we’ve met! You say that there’s no love between Yang Chen and his wife, but what about me and him? I’m far inferior in comparison to his wife!”

Hearing what Hui Lin said, Yun Miao surprisingly smiled happily. She said towards Yang Chen, “Did you hear that? Hui Lin said that this is the first time she’s meeting you, and there’s no love between the two of you.”

Yang Chen didn’t understand what she was trying to say, but he nodded.

“You don’t get it?” Yun Miao seemed displeased.

Yang Chen forced a smile, “What is there to understand about this?”

“Looks like you still aren’t well-versed in reading the thoughts of girls. Hui Lin didn’t say that she dislikes you, she only said that since this is the first time the two of you meet, feelings between the two of you haven’t been developed. This means that this girl wants to meet you more in the future, and develop feelings depending on the situation.” Abbess Yun Miao explained.

It wasn’t just Yang Chen who was shocked by this, even Hui Lin was! A perfectly reasonable rejection had transformed into a flirtatious and vague statement!

“Grandma… it isn’t like that……” Hui Lin was about to cry.

Lin Zhiguo also seemed to be in a bad mood, “Why are you doing this, Yun-er? Although Ruoxi and Hui Lin has different parents, they are both my granddaughters! They are blood-related cousins, are you trying to make them be in conflict forever for the sake of a man!?”

“That’s right!” Abbess Yun Miao glared at Lin Zhiguo with anger, “Back then, I was blind and foolish, and allowed you to send my own son and daughter-in-law to die overseas without even their corpses remaining! If it wasn’t because Hui Lin has been kept by my side, who knows where you’d have sent her to! I mustn’t let Hui Lin follow the disastrous path her parents took. Now that Senior Brother Song has passed and sent Yang Chen to us, I will not let the happiness of my granddaughter be surrendered over to that woman’s granddaughter!”

Lin Zhiguo depressingly sighed, “It’s my mistake, it’s the sins I’ve committed, is this retribution from the heavens?”