30. DRINKS AND DANCES

Comenzar desde el principio

I laughed, and started to figure out what would be the most club-appropriate dress to wear.

"What kinda place we are going?" I asked.

"An underground one." She smirked.

KYLE

I came home, tired and fatigued. That soccer practice took more out of me than I had imagined. Or maybe it was my mind that was driving me crazy- constantly drifting to the blushed, embarrassed Kaea in the library.

I could have said a million things. And I said 'Hi'. What the fuck was I even doing?

I lay down on my bed, and unlocked my phone. Eight missed calls from Abigail. I frowned, calling her.

"Hey."

"Kyle, I-I" She sobbed, and I shot up from my bed. "I need- I need your help, p-please." She sniffed, and her voice was nasally. I immediately started to find the car keys I had thrown on my bed. Why the fuck did I leave my room in such a fucking mess.

"Is it him again?"

She said nothing, but cried harder. "He went out. I just- I-"

"I am coming over right now. Don't worry, Abi, alright? I will be right there."

KAEA

The underground club was louder and brighter than I thought. Lee walked up to the boxer. "Lee and Kaea? We are here by-"

"Jacob Samson."

"Yes." She smiled, weirdly proud. We went inside, and the extreme amount of neon colors washing over everybody overwhelmed me. I stood there for a couple of seconds, taking the scenery again. People danced, and the smell of sweat and alcohol hung in the air, but not overtly so. But to my werewolf smell, it was almost enough to dizzy me.

Lee looked back at me, grinning. "Let's go to the bar."

I grinned back.

The bar was mostly empty. Some seats were occupied but most of the people were dancing, and grinding against each other.

Humans were so- free about their relationships. They didn't wait, they just went for what they wanted. Maybe not having mates was good.

"What're you going to have?"

I bit my lip, thinking. "A whiskey sour."

Lee raised her eyebrows appreciatively at me. "A Shirley temple." She laughed.

"What? Why?"

"Someone has to take you home." She smiled.

"Oh come on. We didn't drive to here. Have one drink."

She rolled her eyes, but after my persisting, agreed. "Fine, I will have what the lady is having."

Ten minutes later, we were drunk as fuck. Or maybe not. Or maybe I was, because Lee seemed much better than me.

"Look at the guy? He is giving you the eyes." Lee said very slowly, smirking. But her lips were weird. She laughed, shaking her head. "Stop making that face. Goddess, you are drunk Kaea. It's amazing."

"Why would that guy me his eyes? Doesn't he need it to see?"

She stared at me, her cheeks moving. She bit her lip, and I could see she was controlling her laughter.

"Don't laugh at me!" I called out. How dare she!

She laughed. I blew my cheeks, and turned away. Fuck her, I will make new friends.

"Sorry, I am sorry." She grabbed my shoulders. "I also cannot let you go. You are under my protective custody right now."

"Whaaaaaattttt?"

"Nothing." She shook her head again. "Wanna dance?"

She took me to the dance floor and danced gracefully, motioning me to join her. My eyes burned but I stared at her.

"You look so creepy right now. Not blinking." She took my hands. "Come on, now."

And I tried to dance, and I did it very nicely but for some reason people started getting away from me. Someone grabbed my hands, and put a hand on my waist.

"Not like that." They whispered in my ears, and trying to make me move properly. My hands turned into fists, and I knew through the sluggishness that I didn't like his hands on me.

Lee was coming, maybe telling the guy to go, but paused. That was when I realized I was gripping the man's shirt. I gripped it harder. "Let me go."

He didn't, grasping my ass harder. "I don't think so sweetheart."

I didn't like it, didn't like it at all. My senses started blurring and I could feel only one thing. Anger.

"Don't make me hurt you."

Suddenly, he was grasping my hands, knowing that I was about to hit him. Lee started again, extremely concerned, but I beat her to it. I hadn't learnt fighting for nothing. I kneed him, although I missed a little, and using my other elbow, hit him right beneath his neck. He yelled and people jumped away.

Apparently wolf instincts remained intact even when drunk. But I was slurry again. "Fuck you."

Lee stopped, kicked the guy in the nuts again, and took me out of the club as someone laughed.

"That's funny to you?" A pause. "I am sorry, Kaea. This just-"

"I had so much fun." I told her. I didn't like to see her like this, and I had the most fun in days. "Thank you."

The world grew even more blurry, and I passed out.

_______________________________________
In the media box, you'll find, "Summer by Calvin Harris".

Please vote, comment, share and follow!

K R Y S T L E