I Knew you Were Trouble (Javier x Reader)

Requested by: Breeze-outlaw 

Summary: You work in the Valentine saloon and Javier comes in and puts on his charm™ 

-

You'd never been one to fall into traps with guys, you're good at avoiding their daring gazes or cunning words. You were a barmaid, after all, you were usually one of the only girls in a sea of drunk guys. You needed to be able to keep your cool under the pressure that some of them put you under. 

This guy though, this guy was a real challenge. He came in with his held high and his raven black hair framing those perfect features. He was dressed immaculately, but still had a rough sense of danger following him. You don't see guys like that very often in a place like Valentine. 

"Whiskey please, miss" He slid a few coins your direction across the smooth hardwood bar counter. 

"Sure thing" You sighed, pouring a glass of the honey color liquor for him. You placed it in front of him, taking the coins in exchange. 

You could feel his eyes studying you, but you tried to ignore it. The day had been miserably slow, you'd probably cleaned the same glass five times at this point. Your manager had passed out drunk after working two hours, which was two of ten he was supposed to work. 

"Is it always this dead in here?" The man spoke to you. You looked up at him, slightly surprised that he was talking to you. 

"No, it usually picks up quite a bit at night. Lot's of people in this town work during the day" You responded. 

He fought back a small smirk, "Is that your way of telling me to get a job?" he said with a laugh. 

You laughed back, "You're not from here" your eyes looked him up and down. 

His head jerked back in surprise, "Oh do I stick out that much? Or have you memorized everyone that live here?" he said in a joking tone. 

"You do stick out that much, I'd remember you if I'd seen you before" You responded. It was interesting to you, that his nice clothing didn't seem to say much for the rest of him. Despite his clean, wrinkle free jacket, his skin seemed to tell that he was in the sun a lot. You could follow the deep scars that lined his tanned skin like a map. 

"I'll take that as a compliment" he laughed.

"I would, there isn't much to look at in terms of the people in this town" you chuckled. 

"It must be lonely for someone as pretty as you then"

His words, and the sly tone he had delivered them in caught you off guard. You didn't know how to respond because you weren't usually dealing with people this attractive. 

"Javier" He reached his hand out for yours, "It's a pleasure to meet you".

"Y/n" You brought your hand to his, he hadn't broken eye contact with you. It felt like he was staring directly into your soul, and your soul was melting away by the second. As you had expected, his hands were calloused and well worked. 

"Y/n" His voice echoed back at you, "I like that name". You stared at his lips while he talked. You felt like you could feel a small portion of your brain leaving your body to come out and yell at you for losing yourself in this, but you couldn't decide if you cared yet. 

"Thank you, where are you from?" You tilted your head to the side. 

"Nowhere, anymore" He had a way of dragging out his words that made you hang onto them so desperately. Everything he said had such a calm, charismatic venom in it. This guy has got to be trouble, you thought to yourself. 

Before you could think of another question to ask, that he probably would avoid answering, you realized he was leaning forward. He dragged his fingers slowly along your arm. Coming up to push your hair behind your shoulder. 

His head tilted to the side and me moved so close that he was only a few inches from your face. You internally braced yourself before getting control of the situation back, placing a hand on his chest and lightly shoving him back. 

"Drink your whiskey, Javier" You chuckled. He cleared his throat and laughed a little, lifting his glass to his mouth. 

You propped your head up on your hand and watched him. The sudden drop in contact left you pretty disappointed, but if you were gonna get involved with someone like him you wanted to make sure you had the control. 

_____

I'm gonna make a pt. 2 soon because I have a good idea of where I want this story to go, but I don't want this to be super long.