Betrayal and Other Heartbreaks (Javier Escuella x reader)

Requested by: graay_ (Please read the author's note)

Summary: This is basically a bunch of drabbles about Javier and his S/O dealing with Dutch's mental decline. You are on the side of Arthur and John and Javier is on Dutch's side (At first)

Author's Note: Due to this request having many parts and factors, I couldn't really think of a way to make it all one piece. So this is a collection of drabbles. 

W: Some spoilers  

- Small fight 

"Javi, he's losing his mind. He snaps at anyone for even just looking at him."

"He's stressed, Y/n, you would be too. That doesn't mean he's losing his mind" Javier said to you. 

"This is different then those times he was stressed. He's self destructing, and we are all going down with him.". 

Javier shook his head, "He's your leader, he has been good to us, you owe it to him to trust him". He waved his hand dismissively at you and walked away. You watched him go with your arms crossed. 

- A more serious fight

"Y/n! I'm done hearing this. You wanna leave? Leave than." Javier spat at you. You could feel your blood begin to boil. 

"I'm not sayin' I wanna leave! I'm sayin' you've gone blind to him. Others are noticing it too". 

He stepped closer to you, "I don't care what the others think they're seeing, this ain't about them.".

"How is it not about them?  We have lost so many people, it wasn't always like this. He has blindly led us into the ground more times than I can count.". 

"This life is never gonna be perfect, you have always known that, Y/n. I don't care what Arthur or John is putting in your head.". His voice was so venomous. 

The most frustrating part about this to you was that he wasn't taking what you were saying as your own thoughts. He genuinely believed other people were putting things in your head, a few months ago he never would have thought that way. 

You shook your head at him and ran your fingers through your hair. 

"Whatever, Javi. I want you to be right." You turned away but he caught your arm. 

"I love you, you know? I want to stop fighting about this.". 

You felt your eyes begin to water, "I love you too" you nodded. 

He placed a small kiss on your lips and walked away. 

-Dutch abandons you at the oil fields instead of Arthur 

You tried to wrestle free from a large man that hovered above you with a knife making it's way towards you. 

"Dutch!" You shouted, "Help, I need help!".

You craned your neck to look at him. He made eye contact with you, but whisked around and left. You didn't have time to process what had happened because Eagle Flies came out of nowhere to save you. 

In the few seconds of chaos that ensued, Eagle Flies had been shot. You led him out of the warehouse and met back up with the gang outside. Charles quickly came up the steps to help you direct Eagle Flies onto the back of a horse. 

When Dutch saw you, you swear you saw a quick look of disappointment haze over his eyes. "We need to go" He spoke sternly. 

"You... You left me in there to die." Your voice strained. 

"Well, I did no such thing.  More will be arriving any moment, we need to go".

You stared at him, you didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

"We are all alive, and we made money back there. It's time to leave." He said as he got onto his horse. You slowly made your way to your horse, in a state of shock. The gang split up and you headed back for camp. 

-Time skip-

You jumped off your horse and quickly made your way for your tent. Outside sat Javier who jumped up to to greet you. 

"How did it go?" He casually asked you. 

You stopped walking and felt tears well up on your eyes. 

His eyes widened, "Y/n, what happened?".

"You wouldn't believe me" You snapped as you walked into the tent. 

"W-what are you talking? What happened?" 

Tears started pouring from your eyes, "I was gonna die back there. Dutch saw me, he could have helped me, but he chose to leave me there. I'm only alive because of Eagle Flies, and now he's gonna die. This is all Dutch's fault." You sobbed. 

Javier instinctively pulled you against his chest, wrapping an arm around your waist and placing his free hand on the back of your head. "You're sure Dutch saw you?" He asked. 

You nodded, you didn't have the energy to speak. 

"Oh mi amor, I'm so sorry I ever doubted you. I'm glad you're okay".   

-

It's 3 am for me and I don't have the energy to proofread this.  lmao love y'all