Chapter 22 - Truth

“I've booked a house for us, will you come with me?”, he asked as he squeezed my hand in his. I couldn't help but laugh, “Of course I will, I must ask though where is this house?”, he laughed, “Brazil”. “What, really? We're going to Brazil?, I asked shocked more than anything. He lightly picked up my hands and softly kissed them, “Just me and you”, he whispered into them. “Sounds perfect”, I whispered back and lifted his face to meet my lips that were waiting for him.

“I'll be back in 2 weeks and than it's just you and me”, River whispered into my ear as I hugged him goodbye at the airport, his whole family have come and said goodbye at the airport. It felt like this was a regular situation in knowing River, he was always going to be jetting off somewhere for something. “Can't wait till you're back already, I love you”, I snuggled into his neck while he ran his hands up and down my back, “I love you too, stay safe beautiful”, and with that he moved and pressed his lips to mine. After we finally broke apart he said his goodbye's to everyone else and then kissed me once more before disappearing into the busy airport once more.

Myself and Rain got dropped off at Jay's on the way back to Gainesville, he was having a house warming party which was always a good excuse for a party. As we were walking up the drive to his new house something suddenly clicked with me, “Is Franco going to be here?” I asked Rain as I stayed in one spot, she reached out and took my hand and shrugged, “Probably.....don't worry it'll be fine”, and with a reassuring smile and her hand still in mine, she led me up the drive and into the party.

The party was busy full of people, we finally found Jay who was sat with a bunch of people a few who I have met before and a few new faces, he greeted us hello and went off to get us both drinks, while me and Rain took a sit at the table. A few minutes later Jay returned not only with drinks in tow but with Franco. Our eyes instantly locked and after a moment his face broke out in an uncomfortable smile to which I politely returned. They both sat down at the table and we all sat like that for the next or so before people started to leave, soon enough it was just me, Rain, Jay and Franco sat round the table, surprisingly it wasn't awkward at all it was fine, well as much as it could be fine. Rain and Jay were engrossed in a conversation about something personal, while I just started taking in my surroundings and thinking about River, I wonder what he was up to......I wish he was here with me or I was with him. “Autumn?”, Franco's voice pulled me out of my daydream. I turned to face him with a smile on my face, there was no reason to be rude anymore, “I just wanted to say sorry about the last time we saw each other......I didn't mean anything I said I was just angry....”, he struggled to make eye contact with me, but I saw and could hear how sorry he was. “I'm sorry too, the way I went about things was wrong......I did have feelings for you its just …..”, before I could continue Franco finished for me. “River.....it has always been River for you hasn't it?”. I didn't say anything but nodded my head in agreement. Franco all of a sudden moved from his chair and moved down next to me and leaned over to whisper in my ear, “I'm not telling you this to cause problems but.....watch yourself with River”, I pulled myself away from him and looked him straight in the face, “What's that meant to mean?”. “He keeps a lot of secrets, he's not exactly who you think he is”. I laughed in disgust, “I would perhaps believe this from someone that knew him, but you don't know him in the slightest”. He shrugged as he leant back, “I know him better than you think.....I'm not saying he's dangerous or trouble.....I'm just saying don't believe everything he says.....he has a lot of issues”. “Thanks for the advice”, and with that I stood up and left the party.